The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Larini with SE tips died last week. Here's the replacement installed. I went with the 6" Larini due to the supercharger.

I really like the look and sound of this set up. Thumbs up to Shinoo at Sector and David at Larini for honoring their warranty!

Matt

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
looks good!!

how does it sound?? any videos??

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Looks great. gratz. Who did your tailights>? DIY ? what did you use nightshades>?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No videos yet. It raining here in SoCal.

Looks great. gratz. Who did your tailights>? DIY ? what did you use nightshades>?
Tail lights are film. I don't want to have to buy new lights if I get a fix it ticket. This way I can strip it off and get the ticket signed and have them re tinted. Even close up most people can't tell the difference. There's no way I would have them painted.

Matt

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
No videos yet. It raining here in SoCal.

Tail lights are film. I don't want to have to buy new lights if I get a fix it ticket. This way I can strip it off and get the ticket signed and have them re tinted. Even close up most people can't tell the difference. There's no way I would have them painted.

Matt
hrmm film. Custom made>?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hrmm film. Custom made>?
A local shop put it on and trimmed by hand. Very inexpensive - around $100 if I recall. They even managed to tint the sides of the lights - not just the faces.

The vinyl shop that did my clear bra and rear oval decided to redo the sides of the lights by trimming the sides and putting a ring of tint around the edges for better coverage. I would have never paid anyone to do that but they had the lights out and offered so who was I to complain. Either way they look great and it's not permanent.

Matt

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
is that a license plate frame w/a built in camera? if so what brand is it? TIA!

Yes it is. Thats how mine is as well. Much cleaner look than having to drill in your clam.

I dont what brand mine is but it works very well. My shop just had one in stock and i had them put it in.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
is that a license plate frame w/a built in camera? if so what brand is it? TIA!

Actually it's the cheap-o costco version. Works fine. I have it wired to my license plate light so I can turn it on with the headlight switch. It was like $75 a few years ago. Best part is that if it ever craps out, I can take it back.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I love that "Evil Dead" poster in your garage!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I know mine wasnt much more than that. $125 or so.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
bored so here you go. This is mine.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bored so here you go. This is mine.

I like it... what are you using to view it on?

The costco setup is wireless and comes with a small LCD that I attached to my useless rearview mirror. You only have to find power for the cam and monitor - no video cables are necessary. It's not an amazing set up but it does the job when parking, etc... Definitely worth the money for an all inclusive backup camera.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I like it... what are you using to view it on?

The costco setup is wireless and comes with a small LCD that I attached to my useless rearview mirror. You only have to find power for the cam and monitor - no video cables are necessary. It's not an amazing set up but it does the job when parking, etc... Definitely worth the money for an all inclusive backup camera.
Mines hooked up to my kenwood flipout navigation.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I love that "Evil Dead" poster in your garage!
Good eye. There's a Savini signed Creepshow poster to the right and a Halloween, Exorcist, and John Woo's The Killer on the opposite wall... :evil:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts