The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've seen my other threads ever since I installed the Larini De-Cat pipe and Arqray exhaust my Exige S has had issues of stalling constantly at idle.

I took a look at the entire exhaust system and noticed that where the de-cat pipe goes into the car (those spring loaded screws), the pipe is slightly crooked. I know this needs to be fixed, but my question...did you have to use longer screws or modify anything to actually get that pipe to fit snugly? I had a hell of a time trying to just get those spring screws to engage the thread!

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
cut the springs!

You must cut the springs using a dremel or something.
Cut off two coils per spring. Then tighten the spring bolts evenly to
ensure a good seal.:wave:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thanks!!! :nanner:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Any follow up on whether or not this was a solution? I'm having the exact same issues as you and I'm having a tough time finding a solution.

·
Banned
403 Posts
Whoa! Do not cut those springs. You are removing the flex out of the system and given the amount of engine movement, that's not a good idea.

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
I just did not seat the two screws completely, nearly 1/4 inch short, as best I can remember. It's been over a year and more than 3,000 miles with no problem. And yes, it is a Hell of a job getting those back in. The Larini simply does not fit, but can be made to work. Sure sounds good though. Then there is the CEL issue.......

·
Registered
882 Posts
The toyota screw from a Celica GTS are a little bit longer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts