The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently in the market for a tough sounding exhaust for my exige,its got the stock system at the moment

Im not interested in anything too subtle so i wont be going for the larini track system
Been looking at the
Larini 'Sports' System (Elise S, Elise 111R, Exige S2 NA)

Larini 'Sports' System (Elise S, Elise 111R, Exige S2 NA) [LA0071SRS] - €595.50 : Elise Shop, Performance parts for your Lotus Elise

Just wondering what are peoples views on this system,i dont mind a racey sounding exhaust,but nothing too extreme
As we dont have too many exiges down here,ive not been able to compare
thanks guys

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Larini sounds great under acceleration, and has the gargles and pops when decelerating. It is a great sporty, aggressive exhaust.
My problem with it comes when I'm cruising at 80 on the highway. That amazing sound you hear when having fun accelerating, continues on forever (which too much fun).
If you can bear that burden, then i would say get it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have this exhaust on my '06 Elise. The exhaust sounds great, I like the barks and burps on upshift and the little burble on decel. It also sounds REALLY good when you get on the second cam.

I wonder if a quick video would help you more, I know descriptions of "it's great" don't help much. Stay tuned, let's see if I can get out today or tomorrow and upload it.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have this exhaust on my '06 Elise. The exhaust sounds great, I like the barks and burps on upshift and the little burble on decel. It also sounds REALLY good when you get on the second cam.

I wonder if a quick video would help you more, I know descriptions of "it's great" don't help much. Stay tuned, let's see if I can get out today or tomorrow and upload it.
thanks,that would be great,been to youtube,many vids on there that say larini sports,but just about every version they sell have "sports" in the title :D

My problem with it comes when I'm cruising at 80 on the highway. That amazing sound you hear when having fun accelerating, continues on forever (which too much fun).
If you can bear that burden, then i would say get it.
mine is more a toy for the mountains ,so id rarely be sitting on 80km for any period of time,so hopefully that wont be a problem

·
Registered
71 Posts
8 Larini club exhaust

Have a 2006 Exige that I bought a 8 Club Sport Larini for before I put the supercharger on. By far I think this is the best sounding bark you can get for a 4 cyl motor. It's much deeper then most and burbles something amazing when letting off the gas. This exhaust is so loud my wife opens the garage door for me because she can hear me a block away.
Second cam and this thing really sings...and when you put the supercharger on it, it gets even deeper in sound.
Only downfall is that at highway speeds it's louder inside then out..so you need you passengers to not have to much to say, or a pretty loud sub if you like the music.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Well i ended up getting it and installed it last night,fantastic note and no drone,sounds brilliant when you get on the gas,now the sound matches the look,very happy :D

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that should look sweet,post pix when its done
larini sounds awesome,youll love it

·
Registered
663 Posts
Well, it was supposed to be installed today (keep in mind it is still only 830 am here ;) ) ... but apparently they had me on the schedule for Monday and the guy that was supposed to do it is out of the state right now :/

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, it was supposed to be installed today (keep in mind it is still only 830 am here ;) ) ... but apparently they had me on the schedule for Monday and the guy that was supposed to do it is out of the state right now :/
sorry,i forgot you guys are behind ,11.30pm friday here :eek:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just installed my Larini Clubsport last week on 07 exige s.
Install was easier than most people wrote.

Maybe because I did a lot of ground work reading.

Make sure to only loosen the bolts on the drivers side.

I had the car on ramps.
Used n impact driver for all the little bolts holding the bottom panels etc.

A good selection of extensions helps.

Once everything is loose I used leverage on the inner wall tire and was able to pull the exhaust out. Before this perhaps pb blaster or penetrate could help. Twisting action will loosen the bond too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts