The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide on a header, well... If I want to do a header at all. I need a new cat pipe and this is where my mind has gone.

Have you run a larini header? If so how was the build quality? I think I am a bit jaded of anything shiny due to bad memories with SS autochrome brand headers.

The car has a boe 300 and some kind of boe muffler as of now.

Talk to me...

Thank you!

·
Registered
139 Posts
What are your goals? I understand you need a new cat, but are you looking for more power? BOE has stated in their header shootout that they think the PPE is best. And if you ask for their formula they say that that is best. But youd need a retune in order to really see any gains if any.

Personally im running a non-catted PPE and am happy with it. Is it loud? Yes. But im ok with it because its a weekend car for me

·
Administrator
11,922 Posts
What are your goals? I understand you need a new cat, but are you looking for more power? BOE has stated in their header shootout that they think the PPE is best. And if you ask for their formula they say that that is best. But youd need a retune in order to really see any gains if any.

Personally im running a non-catted PPE and am happy with it. Is it loud? Yes. But im ok with it because its a weekend car for me
No in their shootout they think the DMC header is the best. I have a PPE and am happy with it as well. The tune will have to be altered to obtain the most power from it. I had the White Lighting treatment and was able to ditch the heat shields.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I got the car it ran like a box of rocks. Come to find out it had the wrong size amm housing for the boe 300 tune.
It now runs a 100 times better, but I swear its still a bit rich. I don't know what's actually in the tune, maybe more air through makes tune better?
That might be a simplistic way of justifying spending a bunch of money on something that won't make much of a difference though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts