The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The exhaust and pipe finally arrived from the UK and Sector 111 will be installing it on Tuesday of next week. We are assuming that it has the resonator and we will replace it with the straight pipe and then replace the main exhaust with the Larini sport exhaust. I will post a review afterwards. This will be the first one done by Sector 111 on an S version. Fingers crossed there are no surprises. I am also hopeful since all of the changes are downstream from the O2 sensors that there will be no CEL's to deal with. Time will tell. The mechanic is experienced with Lotus cars as he was the former mechanic at Symbolic in La Jolla, CA when they had the dealership here in San Diego. Bring on the ruckus!

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
The exhaust and pipe finally arrived from the UK and Sector 111 will be installing it on Tuesday of next week. We are assuming that it has the resonator and we will replace it with the straight pipe and then replace the main exhaust with the Larini sport exhaust. I will post a review afterwards. This will be the first one done by Sector 111 on an S version. Fingers crossed there are no surprises. I am also hopeful since all of the changes are downstream from the O2 sensors that there will be no CEL's to deal with. Time will tell. The mechanic is experienced with Lotus cars as he was the former mechanic at Symbolic in La Jolla, CA when they had the dealership here in San Diego. Bring on the ruckus!
Patrick is the mechanic from Symbolic who is now at Sector 111. He is experienced with Lotus Cars.

Why don't you take your car to "The Dyno Shop" in Santee, CA. for a power run before, and then after your exhaust install. That way, you and all of us, will know what gains are made ?

See my Dyno results by them here on LT: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170/2bular-na-evora-exhaust-system-117564/index2.html

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because my goal is better sound. Frankly, a few extra Hp doesn't mean much to me. I am not racing the car or tracking it. I do appreciate that this is the focus for others, but for me I just want to enjoy the sound. It is plenty fast as is. My rule is that when you are in the 4 sec range 0-60 then Yu have a car that is as fast as one can reasonably enjoy on the street

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Registered
597 Posts
Frankly, a few extra Hp doesn't mean much to me. [...]
It is plenty fast as is.
Amen. Though I probably would not have a Larini if it had not been installed on my car as part of a dealer-built "special edition", I really enjoy the sound-- rich but not antisocial. Makes that minivan motor sound like a proper engine. :D

Taking the photos will probably take about as long as actually installing the pipe-- it's dead simple. One thing I would recommend: check the quality of the welds on the stays, and if they look at all questionable, lay a bead over them before installing. My Larini had a weld fail on one stay, which led to the stay cracking and completely separating from the muffler. Not a big deal, but it caused the muffler to bump around quite a bit as you can imagine. I fixed it in just a few minutes with the MIG.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
nor do I..the ECU doesn't seem to mind a decent about of mucking with the car fortunately. Look at those of us running straight pipes sans issues.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With. I think it is good to have the "quiet" option. Also the sport button turns off some electronic "nannies" that frankly at times I prefer to have noise AND some protections. Not crazy about "hanging out the rear" on public roads.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Very interested in your results, as I plan to do this mod on my S as well, in addition to the Radium CAI when they finally complete it for the S. If you are able, it would be great to get an audio of the before/after in both Normal and Sport mode.

Lastly, I whole heartedly agree that these cars are plenty fast for street use and anything that enhances the driving experience under normal conditions is worth consideration.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts