The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I installed the Larini valved exhaust on my Evora S but am confused about the red hose that came with the muffler that I assume is for the exhaust valve. It looks like it is long enough to replace the short stock red hose.

However, the inside diameter of the hose that came with the Larini is much larger than that of the stock red hose (picture attached) and does not at all fit snugly over the male end of the valve on the Larini....it is super loose!

Also not sure what to do with the metal fitting on the end of the hose that came with the Larini. It looks like it is meant to bridge between two hoses but in turn is much to large to fit inside the small inside diameter of the stock hose.

I'm totally confused. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,980 Posts
Yes, the red hose is for the valve.

You need to use the stock hose coupled with the Larini hose (using the metal coupler they supplied). The OEM Lotus hose will fit to the coupler with persuasion (warm the end of the tube and stick something in the end to slightly stretch it). The stock Lotus hose should be used in the most heat sensitive areas (near the muffler valve). The hose Larini sends are not as heat resistant as the stock Lotus ones, so the Larini hose should be further away from the valve. I also used two layers of heat wraps for extra protection.

Also, for some routing info see:
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170/larini-valve-hose-routing-170201/

·
Registered
44 Posts
My valved Larini muffler and decat pipe just arrived for my 2011 S. No instructions were provided - is it supposed to be self-explanatory? There's some decent guidance in past threads and it looks like a fairly straightforward swap but I'm not sure if I'm missing documentation.

Also, it doesn't look like any gaskets were provided - is the idea to use what's already there?

·
Premium Member
2,980 Posts
It is a pretty straightforward install. Basically an unbolt, remove, replace and re-bolt. I was able to get my OEM muffler and cat out in one piece. I figured it would be easier than trying to separate the pipes. It was tight to remove it but doable.

I also bought a new gasket for the downpipe (Lotus part # A132S0062F) as well as 2 new M8 copper coated lock nuts for the downpipe (Lotus part # A132W3014F) prior to my installation. The Larini did not come with either of them.

I don’t remember any instructions coming with it other than in an email from Shinoo when I bought mine:

“You need to use the Stock Hose coupled with the Larini hose. The Stock Hose should be used in the most heat sensitive areas. Please have the Larini hose wrapped in heat insulation as well.”

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
definitely recommend using new gaskets.Can either do the waffle type (IIRC that is what was on there) or the crimp ring ones that squish (metal).

Cheap and useable heat insulation in 3 foot lengths are available at autozone, etc for about 12 bucks...DEI stuff (silver). I use it all over my o2 sensors since I had to extend them (different application.)

All should be available at your local parts store.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
o2 sensor bungs to relocate the factory o2 sensor if you run headers. This will in turn throw codes unless you have cat emulators or similar. Can't be "tuned" out right now until fastworks is done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts