The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hey guys
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm going to get a larini system soon, do you still think I need to purchase the pre-MY2012 rubber hanger mounts or has that been sorted?

·
Illegal Alien
4,745 Posts
Best to check with Sector 111, when I purchased mine in September an updated version did not exist. Hangers can be purchased from mylotusgarage.com for $21.55 each:
PN B132S0088F

·
Illegal Alien
4,745 Posts
Only parts you need. But would recommend some heat sleeving from auto parts store, 3/8 x 2 ft max or such to cover vacuum line near muffler and some cable ties to hold it out of way. Leave slack in the tube as the heat makes it shrink. Remember to use the OEM piece ( more heat resistant) on valve end.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I don't think I'm going to connect the valve because I have the BOE and maybe ill ask the mechanic to see what he can do, but otherwise I might just leave the valve disconnected completely. That should keep it open and in full sound mode I assume from what I've read in the other thread.

·
Premium Member
6,487 Posts
Great post!

Question: Has anyone here installed the Larni exhaust system on a natural aspirated Evora? If so, what are your impressions?
It is the JUST right sound our cars need! I have the larini and decat. Like he said best of both worlds. Nice tone around tone that isn't annoyong but just beautiful above 4K at WOT!! Build quality is excellent.

·
Illegal Alien
4,745 Posts
Just curious as what is the mechanism to keeping it closed? Is there a constant source of pressure pushing the valve down?
I answered this somewhere else yesterday a spring keeps it open, vacuum routed to line pulls cave closed. Failsafe if line, solenoid etc fails value remains open reducing back pressure.

·
Registered
54 Posts
So I got a Larini sport exhaust but my car has the Plack exhaust and the exhaust mount silicone bits are missing. Can't install the Larini until I get the mount. B132S0088F is on backorder with no ETA. Are there any other creative alternatives? Is this from another car and if so would anyone have a part number?

·
Galactic Hitchhiker
380 Posts
So I got a Larini sport exhaust but my car has the Plack exhaust and the exhaust mount silicone bits are missing. Can't install the Larini until I get the mount. B132S0088F is on backorder with no ETA. Are there any other creative alternatives? Is this from another car and if so would anyone have a part number?
as far as I know, it's not from another car. You could buy the newer A132S0171F bits, and put a bushing on the ends of the Larini to fill it out. In fact, I think Shinoo @Inokinetic used to sell these with the silencers when he was dealing Larini? You might hit him up and ask him what size.

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
I think I still have the metal bushings for my Larini that make them fit the 12+ mounts. Did your Larini not come with those? If so, like Derek said, you can get the newer 12+ silicone isolators, which might be more plentiful.

If you get those updated mounts and need these bushing adapters hit me up.

·
Illegal Alien
4,745 Posts

'132' in part number if stating that the part was originally developed for the Evora. R

Later 12+ hanger was A132S0171F while the Larini requires the earlier, B132S0088F, I do forget which is the large ID vs small ID. I paid about $22 ea. back in 2013

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for the inputs. I really appreciate it. I just spoke to Lotus of Indianapolis (Gator Motorsport) and they said the part may ship in July but they will know for sure only next week. I will certainly reach out to Shinoo or agentdr8 if I end up ordering the new mount and need the metal bushings which my Larini did not come with.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Happy to report that Lotus of Indianapolis just shipped two B132S0088F - the old style exhaust mount for 2011 NA Evora. It took about 3 weeks to come from the mothership in UK.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts