The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Recently bought a used elise stage 2 exhaust, and just installed it. I have yet to drive it but have heard it is a pretty loud setup. If it is too loud for me, I plan to sell it and buy a quieter pipe, so here are some questions:

Which is quieter, the larini SC sport, or the exige S2 (S3)?

Which sounds better? Raspy? high pitched? fart can?

What I really want is Jekyll and Hyde. just a burble up to 5k or so RPM then a wild scream thereafter.

I might like my elise s2 just fine, time will tell. If not, i'd like to plan ahead what to do next.

take care,

gm

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi all,

Recently bought a used elise stage 2 exhaust, and just installed it. I have yet to drive it but have heard it is a pretty loud setup. If it is too loud for me, I plan to sell it and buy a quieter pipe, so here are some questions:

What I really want is Jekyll and Hyde. just a burble up to 5k or so RPM then a wild scream thereafter.

I might like my elise s2 just fine, time will tell. If not, i'd like to plan ahead what to do next.

take care,

gm
headed down a similar path - though wild scream might be more than I require - have elected to go Larini sport cat with Larini 8".

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi all,

take care,

gm
GM,

I have the Larini 6" Clubsport if you would like to try it out. I'm actually thinking about going back to stock, so if you like it we can cut a deal. You need to come over anyway so we can figure out if your car is aftermarket tuned anyway:p

·
Registered
204 Posts
headed down a similar path - though wild scream might be more than I require - have elected to go Larini sport cat with Larini 8".
I'd love to hear a sound clip of that once you have it installed. I'm planning on going with the Larini 8", Larini sports Cat and also the Larini "S" headers ( along w/ rear panel delete ). But your setup would at least give me an idea of the sound quality.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ducboy, Thanks for the offer on the exhaust, but I really like the low exit style. I will have to stop by soon :)

The elise style stage two (two tip) sounds great when you run it to red line. I ran it back and forth through the only tunnel in MO and wowza. Problem is anywhere else its just too loud for me. I use my car almost daily, and on long trips, and am pretty sure I won't be able to take this one long term.

Oh, a big thing is I absolutely love the supercharger whine, and this exhaust drowns it out. I'd put the stock exhaust back on if I hadn't messed it up while taking it off. I'm going to try a quieter aftermarket exhaust, and if that doesn't make me happy procure an unmolested stocker and give up.

I noticed the stock exhaust had been leaking exhaust. A 4 inch black spot on the back of the diffuser :panic::panic:-eek- right where it joined to the cat tube.

Anyway, that is all. Thanks for listening.

take care,

gm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts