The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my stock Exige exhaust is way too quiet. (my car has been described as sounding like a sewing machine) I had a Larini SE sport on my Elise which I really liked. I'm looking for a similar sound volume exhaust for the Exige but want to keep the stock look.

The Larini SC sport exhaust is no longer listed at sector111. Anyone know where I can get one?

Additionally there seem to be a lot of people that rave about the tubular exhaust. What would be the equivalent in terms of sound? A 7 inch system? I have an email out to Jim and am waiting for a reply.

·
Super Moderator
6,817 Posts
Yeah, the 7" would most likely be equivalent to the Larini SE. The 8" is mature and doesn't drone, but doesn't scream quite as much. I haven't heard the 7", but I'm betting that it's about the same.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had the 8" 2bular installed on my Elise SC and here's a video from the last track day and I think you can get a good idea of the sound...

https://vimeo.com/42942081

It is mature, doesn't drone on the freeway, but I was looking for a little more. I have since stepped it up to the 2bular 5" GT3 style and will post some track sounds soon...

·
Premium Member
2,812 Posts
I have the Larini SC Sport on my 05 Elise. Though the exhaust does have some drone when cruising on the highway, it sounds absolutely amazing at WOT. Decelerating sounds just as good as accelerating. You get those sweet burbles and pops. I'd say that I get just as many comments on the exhaust note that I get on the car itself. Good luck with the search.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
2,812 Posts
I did a google search and found this, but when I went directly to the 111 site I did not see the Larini SC Sport exhaust listed.

http://www.sector111.com/products/performance/exhausts/larini_sc_sport.cfm

I would give Sector111 a call. Hopefully they can direct you towards a reseller if they've stopped carrying it.
Sector111 tel:951.296.6762

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. It's always difficult to buy an exhaust based on the videos but it's the only thing to go on. Hope I like what I end up with.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I like my Larini SC. Yes, it's loud at or near WOT and there is a slight drone at highway speeds. The sound is certainly exotic but I don't drive the car daily, rarely carry passengers and haven't been on a long trip. If you're near Baltimore come by for a listen.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like my Larini SC. Yes, it's loud at or near WOT and there is a slight drone at highway speeds. The sound is certainly exotic but I don't drive the car daily, rarely carry passengers and haven't been on a long trip. If you're near Baltimore come by for a listen.
Thanks for the offer. I was actually down that way for the Eurosport DC car tour a few weeks back. I'm in Pittsburgh so its a hike. I imagine the sound will be similar to my Larini SE sport system just a little louder on the Exige.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So Sector has been out of the Larini for over 2 months with no idea when they are getting more. 2bular has yet to reply to my emails. What to do? Anyone know where I can get the Larini or how I can get ahold of Jim?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not sure about the Larini stock story, I got a Larini Sport (dual slash tips for NA) about two weeks ago from Sector 111, arrived within days of ordering. Maybe I got lucky on timing or only certain models out of stock? Really like it, huge improvement over stock exhaust and couldn't have been easier to install.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure about the Larini stock story, I got a Larini Sport (dual slash tips for NA) about two weeks ago from Sector 111, arrived within days of ordering. Maybe I got lucky on timing or only certain models out of stock? Really like it, huge improvement over stock exhaust and couldn't have been easier to install.
The NA with slash tips is in stock. For some reason the SC with the oval tip is not. So frustrating. I could have had it on the car and broken in by now. :mad:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Im also interested with the Larini sport exhaust. Hows the sound in idle is it noisy?
How about 1000-2000 rpm? 3000-4000 rpm?
Is there a drone sound on highway cruise?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I would characterize it as audible but quiet at startup and idle; approaching loud when applying throttle; loud at WOT; ear piercing with a touch of exotic at WOT on the second cam. There is a slight drone at highway speeds.

Said another way about the noise, you're not going to be able to carry on substantive conversations with passengers doing anything but putzing around town.

Im also interested with the Larini sport exhaust. Hows the sound in idle is it noisy?
How about 1000-2000 rpm? 3000-4000 rpm?
Is there a drone sound on highway cruise?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would characterize it as audible but quiet at startup and idle; approaching loud when applying throttle; loud at WOT; ear piercing with a touch of exotic at WOT on the second cam. There is a slight drone at highway speeds.

Said another way about the noise, you're not going to be able to carry on substantive conversations with passengers doing anything but putzing around town.
Thanks! :)

Is the Larini Sport exhaust(twin slash tip) louder than Larini SC exhaust(oval tip)?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I couldn't tell ya. If your car is supercharged get the oval tip otherwise the twin tip sport. As I read my characterization again it comes across that the sport is obnoxiously loud in all but idle conditions. That's not true. The sound is properly tuned but by no means quiet. You're not going to violate any track sound limits but some on this forum have removed it for the quieter 8inch option.

Thanks! :)

Is the Larini Sport exhaust(twin slash tip) louder than Larini SC exhaust(oval tip)?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts