The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Scott Graham
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone actually tried to run the Larini SE with the euro tips on a supercharged lotus? for some reason sector 111 does not state that this exhaust is suitable for a SC model. Could someone shed some light on this subject?:shrug:

Larini SE for the Lotus Elise and Exige - Sector111

also, what are they talking about when they say "rear bumpers"

I thought those were on all models...:confused:

thanks!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Mine worked great for 2500 street miles, but developed a rattle immediately following my first track day. I cut it open an repacked it with higher quality packing and it's been ok. It did have a slight rattle immediately after repacking, but oddly my next track day cured it.

·
Scott Graham
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm, no performance issues? also what did you do with the rear bumpers? would you mind posting photos of the rear of the car?

thanks!
Scott

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I had this on my former BWR car. It seemed great but I was told the problem was the SC ejecting one of the tip arms. They went so far as to suggest I loop it with a retaining wire. Still didn’t have any troubles in 3K miles, but I wasn't exactly on it all the time (and no track time)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sector 111 specificaly states the this model in NOT suitable for supercharged cars. I would take them at their word......why would they lie about this?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I agree, I had done mine with one of the first S/C so nobody knew any better at that time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts