The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best method for cutting holes in the aluminum rear panels to let the exhaust tips through? I was going to hit them with a dremel, but something tells me that's going to take forever, and I'm going to break a lot of bits.

ANy help would be appreciated. I'll do a full installation write up if there isn't one already on here

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
What's the best method for cutting holes in the aluminum rear panels to let the exhaust tips through? I was going to hit them with a dremel, but something tells me that's going to take forever, and I'm going to break a lot of bits.

ANy help would be appreciated. I'll do a full installation write up if there isn't one already on here
If your talking about the grills then quit being cheap and buy the euro grills with the holes for the exhaust already there. If your just talking about the heat shield then just cut that part or bend it out of the way (which also requires cutting).

·
Registered
879 Posts
Euro Grilles - CHEAP!

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yep x2 on the Euro Grille's. Definitely worth $179 to have them perfect.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I plan on doing something with the stock grills after I cut the holes, and if I can do it it's gonna be awesome. IF I can't, then I'll buy the Eurogrills....but I mean come on...it's cutting holes, it can't be that hard.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I plan on doing something with the stock grills after I cut the holes, and if I can do it it's gonna be awesome. IF I can't, then I'll buy the Eurogrills....but I mean come on...it's cutting holes, it can't be that hard.
Probably not too hard, I guess try marking it out evenly w/ a template then hit it w/ a dremel or something of that nature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts