The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First decent photoshoot I've done with the car so far, although it was only done in the driveway rotfl

I posted another thread about some of the recent mods, but thought it best to start a new one with all the pics. Curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

Mods are almost done, it already came with some nice HID's, powdercoating, leather console and a few other goodies. Just last night added the Larini SE Exhaust, Euro Rear Grill, Ipod Adaptor, JL Audio Speakers all around, and Fujita Intake. The car absolutely screams once the second cam kicks in. Only mods left are a harness bar and set of harnesses before June 5th's trackday.
:nanner2:

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Just picked up one of those myself. Now I just need to get it installed...

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
While I agree that it looks great, I wish someone would make one where the tips fit a bit more flush with the rear panel instead of sticking out so far. That's the only reason I like the Lotus Stage II vs. the Stage I or stock.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Nice, great pics too.

Rob

·
Registered
80 Posts
Pugg I was thinking the exact same thing they stick out too far need to be about an inch or more shorter. Twin pipes each side would look evil I reckon.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Is it me or are those tips pointing downwards (i.e. not centered through the exhaust cutouts)?

Nice sinister looking Elise..... always loved black ones! ;)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pugg I was thinking the exact same thing they stick out too far need to be about an inch or more shorter. Twin pipes each side would look evil I reckon.
They could be a little shorter, there's def room that if you wanted to you could shorten them up.

Awesome pictures!!!!

Coilovers ? ;)
Stock sport suspension...I need some adjustability!

Is it me or are those tips pointing downwards (i.e. not centered through the exhaust cutouts)?

Nice sinister looking Elise..... always loved black ones! ;)
They shifted downwards, I had them centered and I thought locked in. I'm having trouble getting them to stay despite how tight I make that t-clamp. I'm considering the idea of adding a second t-clamp.

Anyone have suggestions as to keeping them pointing up?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Mine are also always shifting downwards after aggressive driving no matter how hard I tighten that clamp. I used to adjust them every couple of weeks but I finally gave up and let them sag a bit. The idea of adding a second t-clamp is interesting. I might try that.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mine are also always shifting downwards after aggressive driving no matter how hard I tighten that clamp. I used to adjust them every couple of weeks but I finally gave up and let them sag a bit. The idea of adding a second t-clamp is interesting. I might try that.
I might devise some kind of rubber hanger or something with an l-bracket as well. I'm gonna work on it next few weeks.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Anyone have suggestions as to keeping them pointing up?
Roughen up the pipe surrfaces with some sandpaper and fit the pipes with some exhaust fitting/sealing paste which hardens once it heats up.

Should fixate it without problems.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Mine finally stay level, but they dropped 3X. Some people have had a small weld bead placed to keep the tips from sagging. It looks like yours will hit the bottom of the grills on a spirited drive, which will scuff off the blank finish. GJ though, I love the look of mine.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
While I agree that it looks great, I wish someone would make one where the tips fit a bit more flush with the rear panel instead of sticking out so far. That's the only reason I like the Lotus Stage II vs. the Stage I or stock.

+1

Car look great otherwise though! But where's your garage? :eek: :panic:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Roughen up the pipe surrfaces with some sandpaper and fit the pipes with some exhaust fitting/sealing paste which hardens once it heats up.

Should fixate it without problems.

Bye, Arno.
Mine finally stay level, but they dropped 3X. Some people have had a small weld bead placed to keep the tips from sagging. It looks like yours will hit the bottom of the grills on a spirited drive, which will scuff off the blank finish. GJ though, I love the look of mine.
Hrmm those are both good ideas, maybe I'll try the sealing paste and a little jb weld that should do it!

I love mine too, sounds and looks so awesome.

+1

Car look great otherwise though! But where's your garage? :eek: :panic:
Living near the city unfortauntely don't have that luxury at my house, so I made up for it by renting one up the street where another former member here used to keep his F car. :D

·
Registered
558 Posts
I had the same thing happen with sagging tips so after adjusting twice and ending up both times with the exhaust tips hitting the bottom of the euro grill opening, I had my shop put a small tack weld on the joints and its been perfect for months and months since.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ahh my pics, damn you photobucket! I'll fix this tonight.

I had the same thing happen with sagging tips so after adjusting twice and ending up both times with the exhaust tips hitting the bottom of the euro grill opening, I had my shop put a small tack weld on the joints and its been perfect for months and months since.
Yeah I'm gonna test a few things out, but I figured that would be the best method. S111 is sending me another clamp and suggested even putting a screw in to stop rotation.

My only concern with the weld is if I ever have to remove it...

1 - 20 of 61 Posts