The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, trying to get some feedback about this system. Out of all of the systems availible I personally think this is the "coolest" looking one however I have not heard it. Also, how is the instalation, any modifications required other then taking out the back grill and replacing with euro grill?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Larini Exhaust

My '05 came with a Larini so I can't comment on the install but the sound is excellent. Not too loud. I like the appearance more than the other choices also.
There are plenty of posts in the intake and exhaust section discussing the pros and cons
Bruce
'05 CO ELise

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome, I thought it was different because you can actually see the exhaust, the only way you can see the stock exahust or others that exit the rear diffuser is if you're on the ground or in a low profile car.

I am still figuring out the website, found the exhaust forum. I also found the uberpost.... my eyes have been glued to the screen since. Thanks!

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
awesome, I thought it was different because you can actually see the exhaust, the only way you can see the stock exahust or others that exit the rear diffuser is if you're on the ground or in a low profile car.

:wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats wrong, dont like it? it does seem kind of pointless to take out the exhaust from the bottom and get a new grill and the old holes from the bottom are still open... just thought it was different

·
Registered
223 Posts
You will also have to cut away part of the exhaust heatshield (or remove it all together) to use the Larini SE exhaust. It sounds good, but IMHO the tips stick out too far through the grills and are a little too bulbous.

Hey everyone, trying to get some feedback about this system. Out of all of the systems availible I personally think this is the "coolest" looking one however I have not heard it. Also, how is the instalation, any modifications required other then taking out the back grill and replacing with euro grill?

·
Registered
169 Posts
With an '05, you can buy the Euro grills and it is a simple bolt up. With the bumpers on the '07's, things get a bit more complicated.

I put mine on because of the look. It sounds good too, though the S's like mine are more prone to drone (I believe across the board).

I get down your way occasionally. In fact, I am hoping a vehicle comes to Sport Auto sometime in the next few weeks that I am interested in. I will drive the Lotus down if it does, and we could meet up for a first hand look and hear.

Best,

-J.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I wanted to retain the stock exhaust exit flow in interest of the car's diffuser effect. Exhaust flow pointing down would be counter productive to that regard. Lighter weight and possible hp gain would of course be benefits of the Larini Sport Style. Sound and looks are not an issue, unless it's too loud for Laguna Seca. ;-)

·
Registered
607 Posts
I just saw a picture of the Arqray Twin Muffler in this thread. That's what I'm talkin' about. I might consider that one.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I wanted to retain the stock exhaust exit flow in interest of the car's diffuser effect. Exhaust flow pointing down would be counter productive to that regard. Lighter weight and possible hp gain would of course be benefits of the Larini Sport Style. Sound and looks are not an issue, unless it's too loud for Laguna Seca. ;-)
I just installed the Larini SE set up. Actually, one of the primary reasons why I installed this set up is the better aerodynamics of having an "above the diffuser" exhaust (whether single tip out one side or dual tip like the SE or the dual tip Arqray) which allows for a diffuser with no holes in it (with exhausts sticking through). I also went with the Reverie Carbon Fiber 3 element diffuser. If you look on the reverie site they have the aero effects with the exhaust sticking through and without and without gives quite a bit more downforce with NO increase in drag. I will be combining this set up with CAntrell Motorsport aero skirts along the underside of the side sills to accomplish more of same (more downforce, no increase in drag).

As for the exhaust sound, I have to say having had a stock set up, a Quicksilver Titanium set up, and a 2bular set up, this is really a nice exhaust. I find it to be almost the quietest at idle and low rpm, perhaps even more so than stock. AND I have a forced fed header and sport cat too. The sound gets progressively louder through the rev range, with a fair bit louder note from cam switchover to red line than the OEM set up. The quicksilver was the loudest and "nastiest" sounding, but droned horribly in the 3500 - 4000 rpm range. The 2bular (a 4.75" through the diffuser dual tip exhaust sounded very full and sporty at idle (actually I liked this one the best at idle and low rpms) and not too far from the Larini once on the cam. Drone was really minor. In terms of the "quality" of the sound, the 2bular is my favorite - it sounds more like a V6 engine, versus the Larini which sounds more like a modded 4 cylinder (good sounding, not "blatty" but more like a 4c nonetheless).

In terms of looks, I think the Larini SE is the nicest looking exhaust (different strokes for different folks) plus with the Reverie CF Diffuser, you get the best aero.

I also had the BWR SC set up installed with my Larini :cool: so I am a happy man (will post results elsewhere)

·
Banned
34 Posts
Politically Incorrect

I had the Sector 111 Larini SE Exhaust, Weapon-R (dcat), Weapon-R Intake installed about 3 months ago. The combo is fantastic!

The install required about 2-2.5 hours and simple bolt-on. No hassles. The Larini SE weighs less than the stock setup. You will enjoy the Larini SE...if you combine a header system - then you will be thrilled.

Overall, the Larini SE is superior to the stock sytem in appearance, sound, and performance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
I noticed some tips on the Larini SE are goldish vs. others that are black??? differences?

·
Banned
34 Posts
Politically Incorrect

I noticed some tips on the Larini SE are goldish vs. others that are black??? differences?
I think that what you are recognizing is the distinction between clean tips and unclean tips. If I do not routinely clean my exhaust tips, then they will accumulate exhaust residue. However, when I clean the exhaust tips, any residue is easily removed and the "goldish" appearance you noticed is visible.

In fact, with a regular application of cleanser the exhaust tips remain a brilliant polished appearance. Basics 101.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
I love this look as well. We brought the Arqray in 4 yrs ago to get the 111S look with the 111R. Larini developed their version for our cars a couple of years ago -we first installed it on our Exige.

Both exhausts sound great. The Larini has a great deep exhaust note. The Arqray is not as deep or loud - more for the 'mature' driver...:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts