The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! Im planning to get an aftermarket exhaust for my N/A elise and Im looking to get a " Larini sports exhaust"(with slashed tips). I would like to ask for your positive or negative comments. Please post pics and videos of your larini sport exhaust installed on your lotus will be more appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

Attachments

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I LOVE mine, its amazing and it sounds brutal.

I'm planning on doing an exhaust video soon but i can't get around to it now. I do have a clip though. Starts at the :40 second marker

Lotus Elise With Accelerations - YouTube

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
+1 one for the Larini :up:
It sounds great and doesn't drone like some other exhausts do.
Unfortunately mine is sitting in the garage and I have to have the stock exhaust on the car due to track noise limits and the fact that it is not road legal where I live :wallbang:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Love mine. It's loud but not obnoxious. Pics if I could figure out how to black out my license plate. 90 min to install with basic tools and rhino ramps. Hardest part was centering the exhaust thru the diffuser.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I like mine, but since my car comes without any sound insulation it was too loud, it even almost droned at 4k rpm. So then iinstalled sound insulation myself and it became great and i can recommend it.

Now i have installed a supercharger and it's NOT recommended for it, so i expect it to break within the next few months. So if you are thinking of supercharging don't buy it.

Also, it became too loud once supercharged so now i have to wear earplugs, i don't mind, still love the sound.

Here it is being dynoed, it was one of the loudest cars i've heard.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Love mine. It's loud but not obnoxious. Pics if I could figure out how to black out my license plate. 90 min to install with basic tools and rhino ramps. Hardest part was centering the exhaust thru the diffuser.
Im looking forward to see the pics. :)

I LOVE mine, its amazing and it sounds brutal.

I'm planning on doing an exhaust video soon but i can't get around to it now. I do have a clip though. Starts at the :40 second marker

Lotus Elise With Accelerations - YouTube
Nice video! I love the sound. :)

Here it is being dynoed, it was one of the loudest cars i've heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkfYw051ZkE

That is one loud elise! Nice!!! :)

*****Thank you guys for the feedback! :)*****

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
I have that exact exhaust and love it. It gurgles and pops so sweetly I often drive with the windows down just to hear it. I was going to go catless but with this system I think it sounds good enough. The videos linked above dont do this exhaust system justice. I get lots of complements on it. Install was straight forward and fit and finish was great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts