The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the Evora pass a state inspection with Larini test pipe? I do not plan on tracking the car, but it needs to pass MA inspection.

·
Registered
85 Posts
In CA no smog check for the first six years for gasoline passenger vehicles.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
858 Posts
It will pass an OBD test since there are no O2 sensors after the secondary cat. Should still pass smog test as well since primary cats are still in place unless factory headers are replaced.

·
Illegal Alien
5,346 Posts
As others stated, if front OEM manifolds are in place, will most probably pass. .. but maybe not a California test. Mid cat was deleted in euro spec cars, cause if wasn't needed to pass.

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
YES !

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
A few dB when removed that's all.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Sounds a lot better imo. British guys say approximately 5 db louder. I would say that is about right. Tone is much better as well in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds a lot better imo. British guys say approximately 5 db louder. I would say that is about right. Tone is much better as well in my opinion.
On the inside or outside? Right now, I think the inside sound is fine for normal driving, but maybe that will be too tame and I'll want more sound?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I purchased one for my car and when I went to install, it was already on my car. I have the GP Edition Evora S. I haven't had an issue with it not passing as it was done by the dealer on purchase which was 2 months ago. I have mine brand new in the box as it didn't make sense to install the new one. If you are interested in purchasing mine, let me know. I have the larini 3rd cat delete.
Eugene

·
Registered
858 Posts
On the inside or outside? Right now, I think the inside sound is fine for normal driving, but maybe that will be too tame and I'll want more sound?
I would say both. Not too noticeable with the windows up inside. Windows down it sounds much better. Much better outside as well.

·
Registered
858 Posts
It's really easy, took us about an hour and we were taking our time.
Also, as usual it took me much longer than most to install but I would say it only took me 4 or 5 hours of solid work. That was being very meticulous and taking my time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts