Stealthy Blackmobile
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wowwwwww,,,,nobody's got this awesome muffler???? :(

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Nope, everyone hates Larini!

Yes a lot of people have this muffler........

Sector11 sells them: Larini SC Track with Oval Tip , Im sure there are other places that have them to.

I have one and like it a lot. Has a bit of drone on the highway but not as much as you would think, is loud when you are getting on it, has a bit of crackle when you are feathering it, my wife likes to call it more mature. Will do good in HK, I know you guys have pretty strict noise limits there.

If you have never put one in before the hangar brackets will kick your ass!

·
Stealthy Blackmobile
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, everyone hates Larini!

Yes a lot of people have this muffler........

Sector11 sells them: Larini SC Track with Oval Tip , Im sure there are other places that have them to.

I have one and like it a lot. Has a bit of drone on the highway but not as much as you would think, is loud when you are getting on it, has a bit of crackle when you are feathering it, my wife likes to call it more mature. Will do good in HK, I know you guys have pretty strict noise limits there.

If you have never put one in before the hangar brackets will kick your ass!
Thanks gunpilot! A have a custom muffler, it's pretty loud, but I want something like a quicksilver titanium exhaust....how do u compare with the two??! Thanks pls respond soon :)

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
The Quicksilver is going to be louder but lighter and more expensive. Last longer to but if it fails you will have a hard time finding a welder. That is some high tech ****.

·
Stealthy Blackmobile
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Quicksilver is going to be louder but lighter and more expensive. Last longer to but if it fails you will have a hard time finding a welder. That is some high tech ****
Is that a Larini Track? Yours???:drool:

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Yes the SC track.

·
Stealthy Blackmobile
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes the SC track.
Apologies for my ignorance but is your "SC Track" same as the "Track" states in the link of my first post???! Or yours is some special edition ?? Thx lol I'm dumb hehe

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
No Its the same. The SC track is for noise restrictive tracks, the SC sport is louder.

·
Stealthy Blackmobile
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn!!! I want no quiet sound, I want crazy loud lol

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Have Jim at 2Bular make you crazy sound!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I put this muffler on my Elise two months ago. I specifically wanted a 'quiet' muffler, but something still louder and deeper than stock. When I first put it on I thought 'crap, it's not loud enough', but changed my mind as soon as I heard it at full throttle. My favorite part is the 'growl' you get when you let off the gas, which I personally prefer to pops and flames...

·
Stealthy Blackmobile
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I suppose the option of decat can make better the sound if this Larini is turns out to be too quiet for my taste. The reason is becox I know I'm losing back pressure with my current muffler. And it's old, it's heavy, and the tips look like crap and i know it's some trash from the previous owners, but it does make this nice deep sound that I enjoy but sometimes it's just too loud in the cabin around 3000rpm I think I'm starting to have hearing problems. probably becox the insides of the muffler is all messed up by now after 66000km.

What u guys think about decatting? On performance wise...? Those race cats are so expensive.....:facepalm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts