·
Stealthy Blackmobile
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Nope, everyone hates Larini!

Yes a lot of people have this muffler........

Sector11 sells them: Larini SC Track with Oval Tip , Im sure there are other places that have them to.

I have one and like it a lot. Has a bit of drone on the highway but not as much as you would think, is loud when you are getting on it, has a bit of crackle when you are feathering it, my wife likes to call it more mature. Will do good in HK, I know you guys have pretty strict noise limits there.

If you have never put one in before the hangar brackets will kick your ass!

·
Stealthy Blackmobile
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, everyone hates Larini!

Yes a lot of people have this muffler........

Sector11 sells them: Larini SC Track with Oval Tip , Im sure there are other places that have them to.

I have one and like it a lot. Has a bit of drone on the highway but not as much as you would think, is loud when you are getting on it, has a bit of crackle when you are feathering it, my wife likes to call it more mature. Will do good in HK, I know you guys have pretty strict noise limits there.

If you have never put one in before the hangar brackets will kick your ass!
Thanks gunpilot! A have a custom muffler, it's pretty loud, but I want something like a quicksilver titanium exhaust....how do u compare with the two??! Thanks pls respond soon :)

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
The Quicksilver is going to be louder but lighter and more expensive. Last longer to but if it fails you will have a hard time finding a welder. That is some high tech ****.

·
Stealthy Blackmobile
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Quicksilver is going to be louder but lighter and more expensive. Last longer to but if it fails you will have a hard time finding a welder. That is some high tech ****
Is that a Larini Track? Yours???:drool:

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Yes the SC track.

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
No Its the same. The SC track is for noise restrictive tracks, the SC sport is louder.

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Have Jim at 2Bular make you crazy sound!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I put this muffler on my Elise two months ago. I specifically wanted a 'quiet' muffler, but something still louder and deeper than stock. When I first put it on I thought 'crap, it's not loud enough', but changed my mind as soon as I heard it at full throttle. My favorite part is the 'growl' you get when you let off the gas, which I personally prefer to pops and flames...

·
Stealthy Blackmobile
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I suppose the option of decat can make better the sound if this Larini is turns out to be too quiet for my taste. The reason is becox I know I'm losing back pressure with my current muffler. And it's old, it's heavy, and the tips look like crap and i know it's some trash from the previous owners, but it does make this nice deep sound that I enjoy but sometimes it's just too loud in the cabin around 3000rpm I think I'm starting to have hearing problems. probably becox the insides of the muffler is all messed up by now after 66000km.

What u guys think about decatting? On performance wise...? Those race cats are so expensive.....:facepalm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.