The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hellooo All,

Just wanted to post the blockout panel I made for the back of my elise. It is not for sale (yet). I wanted to get some feedback on it... I also CAD'd up an open back that trims out the edges all the way around, and some with a 1" drop to the rear splitter....thoughts comments, snickering from the backrow?

BTW it bolts right in using all the stock locations, and yes the heat shield can be removed (I blacked mine out).

-m

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
IMO... it needs to be black.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
black out

good op: blackout.

sorry cannot catch the-

"+1 x 1000

Can anyone p'chop it?"

I know I can P'chop it....at least thats what the girls say.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Translation...........I strongly agree with Randy and was wondering if anyone cared to photoshop the panel in black.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I don't really care for the triangles - I don't see that shape really picked up anywhere else.

I do like the idea of the diffuser being lowered some - although it is hard to tell in the picture. Is there a benefit to that?

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I don't really care for the triangles - I don't see that shape really picked up anywhere else.

I do like the idea of the diffuser being lowered some - although it is hard to tell in the picture. Is there a benefit to that?
I actually think flattening the diffuser hurts downforce/drag... the diffuser is supposed to act as the end of a venturi... so it needs to swoop upward.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good comments. The other styles do not have the triangles in them. I just liked the truss look. The trim version just has an edge and also a integrated center spar.

I will cut the other patterns out and post them.

Now in terms of lowering the diffuser, the proportions of the car really need it. The rear of the Elise has bad vertical proportions. By adding the 1" drop to the diffuser the car looks closer to the ground and also a lot more aggressive.

The greenhouse in rear view is wonky and the tumble is so so.

Also the air gap and lack of tire width on the rear view of the car are the one view that is less compelling.

In terms of performance agreed: at most speeds it would not be improved just look coolio.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I actually think flattening the diffuser hurts downforce/drag... the diffuser is supposed to act as the end of a venturi... so it needs to swoop upward.
Oh well then no this doesn't seem like a good idea. :confused: Nix that. :sad:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Definitely needs to be black. Mesh inserts on the inside to plug up the gaps between the triangles would be cool. The triangles are okay, but not crazy about them.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
I also CAD'd up an open back that trims out the edges all the way around, and some with a 1" drop to the rear splitter
this one would look better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts