The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last night I had a dream that I bought a nightfall blue 2005 Elise - well taken care of - comes with some parts - great previous owner. Well I got up slow this morning, took the garbage out, and THERE IT WAS IN THE DRIVEWAY. I guess it wasn't a dream after all.

I spotted the car here on Lotustalk last week. It was really odd. I had just started to look. I was still a little short of the money, but I thought I'd check out this local car. Even better, I learned my wife likes Elises, so I took her along to see the car.

Oh my, it was an oddly beautiful day here in Maryland. The seller pulled up with his wife and the car looked great. I checked out the car and fumbled my way through my checklist, but frankly talking to the owner and his wife was much more interesting. He shared everything he could think of - that was great.

Holding back any appearence of already being sold on the car, we went for a test drive. When I got my chance, I was so nervous I was going to wreck that beautiful car - I just remember falling in love with the ride right away. The seller was even nice enough to take my wife out for a spin. That was part of my strategy, to have her fall in love with the car too (which worked, she very generously helped me buy the car).

Later that day I made my offer and here we are today with a beautiful nightfall blue Elise in the driveway. Hopefully I'll have plates for it tomorrow and my wife and I can go out for a spin this weekend.

That's my story. Hello everyone.

Bill in MD
'05 Lotus Elise
'01 Audi S4 Avant
'88 Alfa Milano 3.0
'77 Fiat Spider

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Congratulations!! :clap: and welcome!! :wave:

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Congrats, I was so nervous driving my car for the first time, I even stalled it a couple times on the test drive! I think the Lotus of South Bay salesman thought I was just out to take him for a spin and not actually going to buy it, but there was no way I wasn't buying it!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Congrats :clap: You are going to have a lot more of these wonderful dreams involving the Elise.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...dangerous cars for anyone who appreciates honest motoring to drive, aren't they?..odds are you'll walk away five figures poorer and five figures richer, both...

...congratulations and welcome aboard!..

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Welcome aboard!! :clap:

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
Great first post!!! Welcome on board and post pics when you get a chance (there are never enough pics even though most here have a real one to look at anyway!) :wave:

PS: Nightfall Blue is a fantastic colour too!!! :)

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Welcome :wave:

Where in Gaithersburg are you from?

pics are mandatory :p, definitely enjoy the car like you stole it :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts