The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a wild hair up my ass and decided that after two Lotus, I wanted another Porsche. I negotiated a deal and trade over the phone and through email, then drove 600 miles down and another 600 home in one day to pick up this:

It's massive compared to the Exige:

The car is 150% of the Exige's weight and it shows in every corner. The RS runs like a scalded dog above 100 MPH, but I have no doubt that my S with Charlie's tune is just as quick up to that speed.

Moral of the story: Think twice before selling your Lotus. Less than a week into ownership, I've found myself looking at more Exige Ss.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
:::still looking for mistake:::

:shrug:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
The only mistake is it's not ALL orange,......but at least it has SOME orange in it.....:clap::sheep:

·
Puff Daddy
3,874 Posts
:drool::drool::drool:

Simple solution... just ADD to the stable next time instead of trading :cool:

... that being said, I'll gladly trade you a lightly used Elise for that heavy Porsche :D

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
....i am sure some willing soul here would take one for the team and trade you their exige s back for that :)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Very nice! I love the color, the orange wheels are killer!

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
So what was the major mistake you made? that you didnt get a GT2??

very nice car man :drool:

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I weep but a single tear for your misfortune.
Probably my favorite modern road car: I'll take white with black scripting, however.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts

+100 :)

The Exige S will not run with a GT3 above 100mph even with Charlie's tune.

Enjoy it...a lot of people envy your position. If you're really concerned about weight, you CAN remove some from the RS :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
you did not make a mistake. that's awesome!

I came from Porsche 911 to Lotus, I miss my Porsche. In a perfect world, we would all own both..

If I had to chose, it would certainly be the GT3rs though.

In fact, I remember the "Bavarian Motorist" name from a Porsche site.. aren't you a previous owner?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

It's a porcine bastard.

you did not make a mistake. that's awesome!

I came from Porsche 911 to Lotus, I miss my Porsche. In a perfect world, we would all own both..

If I had to chose, it would certainly be the GT3rs though.
I have a 993 Turbo as well. It's been in the shop for a while and I got the hankering for another Porsche and felt that I should act. I acted too soon.

Sorry for posting again but this just came to mind: Maybe you want a Noble...lighter than GT3 RS, faster, probably will give you more of what you enjoyed about the Exige...
I have a Noble. Wanna buy it? It's also in the shop waiting for rebuilt turbos to arrive. It's like an Exige amped up on adrenaline with no dealer support network. Seriously, it's for sale if you're interested. Cheap, too.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.