• No - Nor Cal owners

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is initiated by the So Cal owners due to their first success of club driving event. Please see this thread for details.

So to make this a successful event, we would like to know whether Nor Cal owners want to join as well.

Oh, from that thread, the possible dates are October 24-26 or the week after, Oct 31 - Nov 2, which also the date of the last F1 race, Brazil Interlagos, so we can watch together. :)

EDIT: I am not the organizer. RachElise is the one as she is the one that can check tour availability and deals. I am just opening a new thread to stimulate interests for all California owners. :)

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
A FYI, the last GGLC autox of the season is Nov. 1. That typically pulls in a good 25-30 Lotus owners. Am a maybe for making, Oct. 24-26.

·
Registered
265 Posts
thanks for starting this thread, gameson!
I will be organizing this event. we are shooting for october 25-26.
there are several different tours available...feel free to check them out at Welcome to Hearst Castle and let me know your thoughts. we dont all have to take the same tour. i am also working on trying to get us a private tour of the castle, if that is of interest.
i'd like to see how many people are interested in attending, either norcal or socal.
PM me for more info.
Thanks!
Rachel

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm a maybe. Wife is having surgery end of Sept. Wont be going to WCLM. This would be a chance to meet Socal people. If everything works out.
Knucklehead's Bro

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Rachel,
If you make it in conjunction with the GGLC autocross I'll drive up with you guys and possibly bring a bigger SoCal contingency.

cheers,
Jacob
Dead duck's bro

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
gameson- from the San Jose area, 165 miles and a little over 3 hours drive time. From SF closer to 4 hours away. Pretty close to mid-point for SoCal and NorCal.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Rachel,
If you make it in conjunction with the GGLC autocross I'll drive up with you guys and possibly bring a bigger SoCal contingency.

cheers,
Jacob
Dead duck's bro
+1

Except I am not Dead Duck's bro.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rachel,

cheers,
Jacob
Dead duck's bro

So I am guessing with dates of Oct 31 - Nov 2? I might be interested as well, maybe not the GGLC Autocross, but just to go to Bay Area. :)

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
+1
Except I am not Dead Duck's bro.
Yeah, but you are kind of the brother I never wanted -poke-

So I am guessing with dates of Oct 31 - Nov 2? I might be interested as well, maybe not the GGLC Autocross, but just to go to Bay Area. :)
Gameson, why would you not want to do the Autocross? Larry B and Alex of the GGLC put on one of the best Autocross series for the Lotus community. It's really a blast and they have some awesome instructors.

cheers,
Jacob

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Thanks. The last event of the year is also our awards day and our sponsor - SVAG (local Lotus dealer) puts on a very nice catered BBQ lunch.

Of course its less likely that many NoCal folks will make it to Hearst Castle. Then again with the WCLM in early Oct and the autox the 1st of Nov, tough to pick a "prefect" day.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rachel, just wondering, any update? Is this still on?

Gameson, why would you not want to do the Autocross? Larry B and Alex of the GGLC put on one of the best Autocross series for the Lotus community. It's really a blast and they have some awesome instructors.

cheers,
Jacob
I don't know, might be too tired, but we'll see

I guess for the dates, lets Rachel chooses what's the best for the tour and the group. I am open on both weekends, no problem. :)

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Yes, let's make it that weekend instead. Oct 31 to Nov 2. Costumes optional. Actually, a bunch of Lotuses with costumed drivers would be pretty cool!

From SFO, Hearst Castle is approx. 200 miles or 3-4 hours.
From LAX, Hearst Castle is approx. 240 miles or 4 hours.
so is this date official?

what would be our stops we are gonna make, events we are going to attend, and where would we be staying?

and are we doing the autoX as well, i would love to.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Oct. 25 & 26th is best for me. I cannot make the weekend of Oct.31 (my brother is getting married)

James

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
2 years ago, I was on a romantic trip with my (ex)girlfriend to Hearst castle and a huge group of Lotus drove by, we ended up seeing them everywhere that weekend. I always wanted a Lotus and that was the weekend that I made up my mind to buy one. Now that I own one, I guess I should attend!

1 - 20 of 260 Posts