The Lotus Cars Community banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Why does it need more? If you shift enough, the car is pretty much as quick as anything.

And I dunno about you, but I like shifting :)

Gearing and weight can make as much an impact as HP.
Everyone on this forum seems to agree with this philosophy but I dont understand it. Do they have amAZING hp/weight ratios??? yes, thats one of the things that makes them great. But whats wrong with them being better??? What wrong with being able to keep up with or even beat a C6 Z06???

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Stephen: I'm curious to know where you're getting the info about this loyalty program. (I have an '05.) I'm also wondering how long an 05 owner can wait to use his coupon, and what the deal is on modded cars.
From a dealer memo. It is true, it will happen. It is nothing earth shattering or unexpected. It is not that big a deal anyway, especially with guys buying brand new leftover '06 Exiges for $16,000 below MSRP.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
From a dealer memo. It is true, it will happen. It is nothing earth shattering or unexpected. It is not that big a deal anyway, especially with guys buying brand new leftover '06 Exiges for $16,000 below MSRP.
True indeed. But my hope would be too use the coupon AND get a deal below MSRP. That's why i'm intereseted in time limit of the coupon.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Katana SC
2000lbs ( i guessed 25lbs for the SC ) 0.36DC
Top Speed 159MPH, 30-60 2.85s, 30-90 7.4s, 30-120 16.35

I have to go over and double check both sets, since i just did the dyno sheet import, but it looks close.
Thanks!! This is more than I was expecting! It really must make a huge change! WOW!!!-eek-

It just make me want one more and more!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Did anyone else notice that if you look at the performance specs on lotuscars.com, that the Elise SC is faster from 0-100 than the Exige S by .3 seconds?

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
and it weighs more

·
Registered
86 Posts
High horsepower guys need to get the Toyo larger 6th gear for the increased top end
I think the right answer is in the gearing too. I have a turbo charged Elise that gets me to 140-145 very quickly.. the rev's at that point are pretty close to where the rev-limiter will probably kick in..

121 - 131 of 131 Posts