The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we," Bush said. "They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

:huh:

·
Registered
758 Posts
lol :)

I call BS on that. Bush doesn't think about harming our country, it's a tallent that just comes naturally to him :)

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
It's a good thing for him that people view him as having the reading/speaking skills of a 3rd grader, otherwise saying something like that could be political suicide :p

·
Registered
758 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
It's a good thing for him that people view him as having the reading/speaking skills of a 3rd grader, otherwise saying something like that could be political suicide :p
3rd grader ?!? You over estimate my opinion of him.

"Millions of - thousands of people - millions of dollars and thousands of people - millions of dollars aren't being invested and thousands of people aren't working." - G. W. Bush (November 1st 2002)

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
huggy bear said:
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we," Bush said. "They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
I'm sure that he meant it more along the lines of "We're trying keep ahead of what they might do by thinking the same new ways before them and preparing for them.

As for messing up as a public speaker; I'm sure that were all would do just as bad - it's only human. You try having everything you say and do analyzed to the Nth degree, and I'll bet you would say some thing silly too.

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
huggy bear said:

:huh:
Mmmm... sounds like something Abraham Lincoln
would say. :D

Neil

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Try publicly speaking as much as any politician and not making mistakes. Although my favorite Bush mistake was "Strategery" rather than strategy.
Hey it was a gaffe so what?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
James A said:
Try publicly speaking as much as any politician and not making mistakes. Although my favorite Bush mistake was "Strategery" rather than strategy.
Hey it was a gaffe so what?
Potatoe?

I agree. No big deal really. But it's nice when a leader can be an excellent speaker, and it Bush never seems comfortable communicating. I would be a 100 times worse, but then I am not the leader of the country.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Ive made my living the past 12 years public speaking and yep, we're all human and invariably say something silly like that. As someone above said, it just sucks 100X more when you're the president and there are packs of wolves from the other parties waiting to jump on it.

·
Registered
758 Posts
OneFastMiata said:
Ive made my living the past 12 years public speaking and yep, we're all human and invariably say something silly like that. As someone above said, it just sucks 100X more when you're the president and there are packs of wolves from the other parties waiting to jump on it.
It sucks another 10000X when you say retarded sh*t every time you open your mouth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts