The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is a copy/paste from Dimmitt in Clearwater Florida. I've had nothing but a good experience from these guys. The format below are my questions/space answer. Capital spelling from Dimmitt, responding after they left me a voice mail asking if I'd seen the artical in C&D (or was it MT?) and told me if I needed a copy of the Elise artical from the mag, I could stop by and pick one up, as well as catch up on the Elise situation......They also followed up with an email to me a few day later just to touch base with me.

Thanks Jeff, you have a great holiday season also! How are the Elise sales going?

KILLER

Did you get deposits for the whole first year yet?

ABOUT

What number are you up to?

Hey, if you have people drop off the list, please don't move me up.

YOU GOT IT.

I have to hold on to my S2K for another year or so to be able to sell it and not take too much of a loss. I'm hoping being in the low 40's on the wait list will get me my car in Jan. 2006 or so.

LOW 40S WILL GET YOU END OF SUMMER /EARLY FALL '04.

Do you know how many cars you are getting per month

APPROX 7.5

and when we can pick our colors and options?

WE'LL CALL A FEW MOS BEFORE AS WE GET TO YOUR NAME.

I know there probably isn't much info you can give at this time, at least until they show the Federal Elise at the LA
Autoshow next month. Do you know if you will be gettting any other demo in?

TRYING FOR FEB 21/22 FESTIVAL OF SPEED IN ST PETE AT VINOY

Bet you wish you didn't check in huh?

: )LOVE IT!! THE EXCITEMENT IS WHAT THESE ARE ABOUT! JEFF...

Dimmitt Luxury Motorcars
DBA:
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Tampa Bay
Bentley Tampa Bay
Dimmitt Lotus
25191 US 19 N
Clearwater Fl 33763
phone 727-797-7070
watts 800-407-6557
fax 727-797-7884

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As a follow up, I asked if they were still going to honor the MSPR with no mark up per my contract with them. I'll respond with the response here when I get it.

I have nothing but confidence in this dealership. :) All a positive experience so far. Hopefully it only gets better. :cool:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Transio,
If I recall correctly, you were the individual in Miami who tried (unsuccessfully) to arrange a test drive at one of the Miami dealers.
I'd strongly suggest jumping off of their list and onto Dimmit's.

Similar to Tidlewave, I've had nothing but positive experiences there. Taking the demo out for a spin was a non-issue and I look very young.
Cordially,
John

transio said:
You bastard. :(

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had asked Jeff at Dimmitt if they were going to sell for above MSRP like Miami. Here's his response.

"Are you kidding? Are you comparing me w/ S Florida Riff-Raff?! Jeff ;)"

So, I guess they are staying with no mark up.
:D :cool:

·
Registered
156 Posts
tidalwdave said:
I had asked Jeff at Dimmitt if they were going to sell for above MSRP like Miami. Here's his response.

"Are you kidding? Are you comparing me w/ S Florida Riff-Raff?! Jeff ;)"

So, I guess they are staying with no mark up.
:D :cool:
Hehe, I had a very positive experience with Palm Beach Motor cars. One of the forum members pointed me that way.

They send me a very nice letter with a picture of their demo car. I'm #31 on the list, can't wait for summertime.

The other dealers in the area weren't as interested in selling a car and were more interested in charging a $450 dealer fee. Bleh!!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Tripledigits said:
Since they're getting 7.5 cars per month, I think I'll order that half car. Just think how fast it will be, at just under 1,000 lbs.

Jeff
Actually, I believe that all of the cars will be shipped in two pieces, hence 7.5 per month. Dealer prep involves welding them together. If you pay the mark-up, the dealer puts them together for you; if you pay MSRP, you get to do it yourself!!

This has one benefit. If you can't decide on a color, you can choose 2 different ones. I'm thinking about a chrome orange front with a purple rear!!

:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts