The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rothrock has my car, and I'll be picking it up either tomorrow or Wednesday. How about the rest of you? I'm waiting for "dealer prep"...

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I was wondering where you were, I saw you posting on a different board saying that you would pick up your car early this week.

I'm hoping to see the demo this week, and my dealer also expects two customer cars with the first delivery.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in eastern PA, Rothrock is the dealer. The car (and the demo) are in now, but they have to do dealer prep before anyone can drive them. They are there and can be seen. They talked about getting the computer set or something, so it must be the thingy that logs data to determine if I abuse the car and break the warranty. They weren't sure they could finish by tomorrow afternoon or not, so perhaps Wednesday at worst.

I might drive down tonight just for yucks.:D

Me giddy!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Wow, I just found out on Saturday that my car is on American soil and being unpacked. I also found out that I'm no longer #7, but #3! Or #2 if you don't count the dealer demo! I guess there was a bit of attrition over almost 3 years of waiting ;)

They said they guess that I'll take delivery within 10-14 days. They said they couldn't give me a solid answer because this will be the first batch and they have no idea how long they take to prep/deliver to the dealership...

Geez, wish mine was here tomorrow :(

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Here what I got from Scottsdale Lotus on 7/19/04 at 5:21 p.m.:

Demo cars will arrive at port in San Diego on 7/31. Demo cars should be at dealership on 8/15. About 3 cars per month starting around August.

I'm number 16 and should get my car around November. Dan does not believe anyone in the top 100 has dropped out and 1 to 15 certainly have not dropped out.

I have no further comments. :mad:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I am also in the top fifteen at my dealer (MAG). I've been telling people that I'd like to see mine by Labor Day, but won't be surprised if it doesn't show until Christmas. Lotus, if you're listening, I won't be put out if it shows up early!

I would love to think that ALL of the larger dealers will be getting cars at the same rate, but I'm afraid that those in warmer climates might get preferential treatment (higher sales volume, you know).

As always, time will tell...

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hell if I know on the "prep" except for setting the computer chip. Fill it up, wash it, and hand it over! BUt I will be patient for another day. After 5 1/2 years, I can't believe it's finally here. Sigh.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Dealer Prep... take the plastic-bag wrappers off the seats. Remove the protective tape and bumpers from the door lips. Top off fluids. Fill with gas. Add dealer plate frames.

Wash car with 2yr old wash mit sitting in a bucket of gritty water.

Wax with high-speed orbital buffer and generous gobs of 1998 Turtle Wax.

Drill two holes for state-required front plate bracket and install dealer plate inserts.

Spray gloss the tires.

Carefully bond "Joes Car Dealership" decal or badge to trunk lip.

"Test Drive" the car to check for performance deficits, then reset computer log for customer.

:eek:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Surferjer said:
Hell if I know on the "prep" except for setting the computer chip. Fill it up, wash it, and hand it over! BUt I will be patient for another day. After 5 1/2 years, I can't believe it's finally here. Sigh.
Congratulations. Hopefully you have sense enough to take a day off from work.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts