The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Crazy Car Guy
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Latest VF2 + Goodies:

Well about 3 weeks ago one of our local customers and a forum member FPitas.
He previously was running the Sector 111 Kit on his car, he chose to upgrade to our VF Stage 2 + Goodies. The fact that he went for a Stage 2 plus moved him into a custom tune category. He also choose to do a clutch install as well. Everything went well. After all the parts were installed, we spent a few hours on the dyno getting him dialed in. The time spent on the dyno was completely worth it as the power was very smooth and broad. Prior to delivery the owner asked us to post the dyno plots. So here ya go!

Needless to say I am impressed with his power results.

2006 Elise Engine Goodies:
VF Supercharger Kit
CharlieX ECU (custom tuned by me)
Smaay Fuel Rail non return
RC 550cc Injectors
Walbro 255 Lph Pump
3.0 Pulley (9.8 psi on his AEM Gauge)
Tubular Header
2bular Race Cat
2bular GT3 Muffler
Moroso Oil Pan

The final output was 193. ft. lbs and 303.5 whp.

Dyno:

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Very nice!.. though he should have upgraded his oil pump while he was at it :x

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
fine job!
now, the $64 question: roughly, what did he spend?
and i'm serious.
sam

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Great work, Jermaine!

Very nice!.. though he should have upgraded his oil pump while he was at it :x
I might in the future, although I doubt I'll be winding it out past 8,000 rpm all that much.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
it oughta be a ball!
keep us posted.
thanks, sam

·
shay2nak
25,133 Posts
i don't see the dyno anymore. But surprising to me more and more of these highly tuned cars there is a big torque roll-off on the 1st cam. What do the A/Fs look like?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
i don't see the dyno anymore. But surprising to me more and more of these highly tuned cars there is a big torque roll-off on the 1st cam. What do the A/Fs look like?
Try refreshing a few times, the dyno graphs come back :shrug:

I'm curious about the A/F myself.

When the engine is this modified, the first cam might need to have more duration to deal with the greater flow, especially on the exhaust. Maybe more torque might be available with the right grind...

·
shay2nak
25,133 Posts
Would be nice, but it's been 4 years and no one has still come out with a decent cam.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Would be nice, but it's been 4 years and no one has still come out with a decent cam.
Maybe I'm backwards on what needs doing, anyway. This article says that blower cams have less overlap:

Camshafts explained - MustangForums.com

Discussion under F/I Cams. If this guy is right, as we turn up the boost the overlap is allowing the boost to escape out the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
OK...driving impressions on wet pavement bringing the car home:

Very docile, with smooth throttle response off-idle. No evidence of the stalling that people have talked about here, even though I was driving through a lot of stop and go traffic. At the end of my journey I got to floor it briefly, and it was very rewarding :D Today it's dry, so I'll drive it around a bit more aggressively and report back.

Edit: Drove it today, it moves along all right. When I floor it the supercharger whines very audibly. Not annoying once I got used to it, just different. Coming out of corners on twisty roads is even more fun now, like a slingshot. I think I'm going to like the new power just fine :p And I can't tell much difference in throttle response from the Katana. Pretty much as soon as I want power it's there, even when modulating the throttle in turns etc.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Just curious, stock flywheel? Also do you have any pictures of the smaay's fuel rail with the vf kit? From the inital pictures of the rail I wouldn't think it to have fit with the vf manifold.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Just curious, stock flywheel? Also do you have any pictures of the smaay's fuel rail with the vf kit? From the inital pictures of the rail I wouldn't think it to have fit with the vf manifold.
Yeah, stock flywheel, but ACT HD clutch. Smaay's fuel rail fits just fine. I don't have a picture but Jermaine may have taken some.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
there's nothing like a 'point and squirt' car. :shift:
sam

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Yeah, stock flywheel, but ACT HD clutch. Smaay's fuel rail fits just fine. I don't have a picture but Jermaine may have taken some.
If you could take one I'd appreciate it. Just want to see the space between the fuel rail and the intake manifold. My stock fuel rail still touches the manifold which alters the angle just a hair of the injectors sitting in the head.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
If you could take one I'd appreciate it. Just want to see the space between the fuel rail and the intake manifold. My stock fuel rail still touches the manifold which alters the angle just a hair of the injectors sitting in the head.
It's hard to get all the way in there to see the gap, but I hope these help:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Here are some general pictures of the install:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts