The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case anyone's interested, Lotus Sport has released the following items for the Elise/Exige/2-Eleven. You should be able to order them from your local Lotus dealer.

On top of the above, there also appears to be a new "Race Specification 2-Way Adjustable Ohlins Dampers" kit, as well as a couple other accessories like gear knobs and handbrake sleeves.

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Interesting...I have the 1st 2 items...I'd be interested in the 3rd Laminova oil system

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Eddie, I'll have #3 in a couple weeks, ordered it last week. :) Same setup Brent has in the blue car.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
cool! I like the catch tank. anyone have pricing on these?

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Water catch tank? Blow by gases? WTF?
:shrug:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...yeah, that confused me, too...

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Water catch tank? Blow by gases? WTF?
Oh I misread this...thought they were oil catch cans...

AJ, the Laminova system is only a small part of your overhaul....what will be the benefit to my car setup?

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Oh I misread this...thought they were oil catch cans...

AJ, the Laminova system is only a small part of your overhaul....what will be the benefit to my car setup?
I dont really think there would be much benefit for your setup. I am getting rid of my front oil coolers so I needed a new solution anyway. The primary benefit for you would most likely be a higher oil pressure because the poor little pump only has to move the oil a foot instead of al lthe way around the front of the car. I really dont know if it would improve it or not though without any solid testing.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Coming from Lotus Sport, I would think it should come with the necessary brackets and hoses. Well, I will find out soon once I receive them from my dealer! ;)

·
Registered
135 Posts
I dont really think there would be much benefit for your setup. I am getting rid of my front oil coolers so I needed a new solution anyway. The primary benefit for you would most likely be a higher oil pressure because the poor little pump only has to move the oil a foot instead of al lthe way around the front of the car. I really dont know if it would improve it or not though without any solid testing.
I like the idea of not having hot oil running along the side of the car. It should help in keeping the passenger compartment of the car cooler.

When removing the oil-coolers from the very front of the car, doesn't this affect the weight distribution of the car? (I have no clue how much weight we are talking about)
Will you as a result not introduce more understeer?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I like the idea of not having hot oil running along the side of the car. It should help in keeping the passenger compartment of the car cooler.

When removing the oil-coolers from the very front of the car, doesn't this affect the weight distribution of the car? (I have no clue how much weight we are talking about)
...does the heat exchanger install up front in place of the oil coolers, or back at the engine bay and plug into the extant coolant lines?..also, is the total cooling capacity of the triple-pass radiator greater than the stock radiator plus two oil coolers?..

...i'm curious about the weight distribution implications as well - assuming it installs around back, pulling all those abandoned oil lines must also take out some significant weight...

·
Registered
912 Posts
Another good question to ask your dealer do you need one or two. Since there are two breather hoses.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Yeah, I'm scratching my head a bit on the catch can since I didn't think OEMs could do something like that unless it was emissions certified, etc. I mean, geez... we've got hydrocarbon traps on airboxes now to keep recirculated gases from coming back through the air filter!

If it's an oil catch can and has a drain, I'm mildly interested... pricing?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Yeah, I'm scratching my head a bit on the catch can since I didn't think OEMs could do something like that unless it was emissions certified, etc. I mean, geez... we've got hydrocarbon traps on airboxes now to keep recirculated gases from coming back through the air filter!

If it's an oil catch can and has a drain, I'm mildly interested... pricing?
Just bought one for the 2-11. Price, including shipping $132.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts