The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all,

finally i got the car back. i had an issue on transmission (ended up changing 3rd, 4th&5th and 6th gears) and while putting everything back good news came from quaife. i was expecting the part to be ready in mid august but they told me that diff is ready to ship, 2 weeks before i expect. together with quaife, gt4 rear wing and bargeboards also came in. waiting the missing part of evora S diffuser. i need to say that you feel better and more safe with the additional downforce especially on high speeds.
back in march i talked with quaife about the atb unit which i saw in mwr and nowhere else. so they told me about the plans, sent me the diagrams and stuff but the atb unit was not in production until i ordered one. so i guess there are more available right now.
the differential is amazing. way more fun than i was expected. as its an torque biased unit it works only when one of the wheels has less traction. it helps a lot exiting the corners. i noticed that i can start to accelerate way earlier before while exiting the turn. and good news, evora now makes donuts :)
i hope the photos will come from the garage really soon. by this time i will try to take some pix of aero bits and oem differential, which is way basic than you expect :)
best to all.
d

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
still running with evora S clutch & flywheel, supersprint race exhaust -decat , radium cai & catch cans. btw.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got pretty new tires now and they are not cheap.. sorry mate, you need to wait for something like 5000kms and a trackday.. :)

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Deniz, can you give us an update on the Quaffe ATB differential? Anyone else have any experiences with the unit?

·
Registered
881 Posts
tire cost

i got pretty new tires now and they are not cheap.. sorry mate, you need to wait for something like 5000kms and a trackday.. :)
At just over 10,300 miles I just had two new rear tires installed from Tirerack (≈$550) for a total of $660. The Michelin Pilot SS from Tirerack were ≈$50 less per tire than the Pirellis and the Goodyears. As I recall these are about $100 more per tire than the Goodyear replacement tires I bought for the Elise.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Do you know what the rough price for the Quaife differential for the Evoras would be (I assume compatible with both S and NA)?

Also, how difficult of an install would it be? Hopefully not similar to clutch replacement levels?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Ouch.

Yeah i asked the Lotus tech from my local dealer the same question. He estimated 35-40 hours of labor.

Guess I won't be doing this mod anytime soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts