1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Well, it's not really saying anything *new*, and until it comes direct from Lotus, I'm not going to believe much.

One thing of interest though - Clyde sent an email to a Lotus email list asking all Motorsport Elise owners to email him their fax numbers ASAP, he has something for them. My guess? Something regarding the Elise coming to the US, maybe even the opportunity to get one of the first ones since they're existing Elise customers?

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
The rumor from the Australian dealers is that the US will get the 190hp Toyota four cylidner, Australia will get only the Rover K-series, and the UK will get the Rover K-series AND the Toyota V6. Of course, if true, that means that the V6 will (most likely) be offered in the US a couple years down the road.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Great news, although I think I will wait until the official announcement before I commence the celebrations. My only concern at this point is MSRP creep; I intend to avoid price gouging and first-year problems by waiting-and-seeing.

I think the car is still reasonably priced right now. I would definitely want the uprated suspension and the hardtop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts