The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vroom vroom
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a bit late posting this, but I just remembered something I saw when I was in LA buying my Elise last July. I'm 99% sure I saw an Elise that was actually Lava Orange, which was only offered in Europe. It had some custom bits. Even though I bought a Chrome Orange, Lava Orange was my favorite. Seeing that car when I was on my way to buy mine while totally wracked with doubt (can I afford this? Will my wife forgive me? I can barely drive stick!) was like a "Do you believe in God?" moment for me. Well I certainly believe now!

Anyway, does anyone know about this car I saw? People were gawking at it like crazy!

Here's an example:

·
Vroom vroom
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stick with your chrome orange. That looks more like a red grapefruit or mandarin blood orange to me.
That's umm.... kind of the idea. Perfect middle ground between red and orange. Don't worry about me switching though, I have a feeling the one I saw might be the only one in the country :sad:

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
I also much prefer Lava Orange over Chrome Orange. I'm not aware of anyone posting here that they've painted their car in Lava, but I wouldn't be surprised.

·
Vroom vroom
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump, hoping someone knows this car

·
Registered
801 Posts
That looks like a European 2004 Elise, as evidenced by the slightly different roof and the euro stock wheels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts