The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seeing if there are any plans for a SoCal group convoy like years past up to Monterey.

I'm thinking of heading up Friday morning (14th) if anyone else is interested. Perhaps the usual breakfast stop at Anderson's Pea Soup and a couple other quick photo ops on the way. Not exactly an all day deal but still taking time to smell the roses.

Any interest?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
I am probably heading up from San Diego at 9:00am Friday, but driving up Highway 1 through Big Sur. Plan on being at Laguna Seca Saturday and Sunday and then heading to San Diego via 101/5

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Watch out for the Poo-poo :panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:.

Three cars on my way home this weekend that were actually hiding trying to nab people. One was inbetween the center divider on the other side of a hill. One was at the top of an on ramp. V1 didn't pick them up till they were actually in a site line.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I am probably heading up from San Diego at 9:00am Friday, but driving up Highway 1 through Big Sur. Plan on being at Laguna Seca Saturday and Sunday and then heading to San Diego via 101/5
If you could somehow work CA-198 into there somewhere, it's worth it :drool:

Three cars on my way home this weekend that were actually hiding trying to nab people. One was inbetween the center divider on the other side of a hill. One was at the top of an on ramp. V1 didn't pick them up till they were actually in a site line.
I can't believe I didn't get nailed... my Traqmate says my maximum speed was 189mph :eek: (obviously a GPS error). I did average 61mph over 443 miles, including gas and potty breaks. And traffic through LA sucked.

·
Registered
381 Posts

poo poo...that stinks! -poke-

:rolleyes:oh, you mean "po po"...:D bastards! always crushin' the fun! hahaha

·
Registered
985 Posts
A few of us are driving from San Diego but, leaving on Monday with a stop over on the way. Great events early in the week!

Just seeing if there are any plans for a SoCal group convoy like years past up to Monterey.

I'm thinking of heading up Friday morning (14th) if anyone else is interested. Perhaps the usual breakfast stop at Anderson's Pea Soup and a couple other quick photo ops on the way. Not exactly an all day deal but still taking time to smell the roses.

Any interest?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah one of these days i need to take more time off and do the pre-historics and the full week of automotive wonderfulness.

i personally plan to do the 101 as opposed to the 1. i'd like to get up there early afternoon on friday.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I'm thinking about heading up there and staying Fri to Sun, but can anyone recommend any decent priced hotels near Monterey? I'm trying to stay within $150 per night. There are some in Santa Cruz but that's pretty damn far.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Looks like I will be heading up Friday Morning...Can't wait for the drive or the scenery...it will be my first time in the Monterey Area. Very Excited! :D

·
Premium Member
4,563 Posts
I'm thinking about heading up there and staying Fri to Sun, but can anyone recommend any decent priced hotels near Monterey? I'm trying to stay within $150 per night. There are some in Santa Cruz but that's pretty damn far.
Rob, a bunch of us just got back from Laguna Seca in Monterrey. We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Seaside which was quite nice, although I think we had a group rate for around $177/night....worth it though - they have free breakfast and also a happy hour (free beers).

If you guys go up, Laguna Seca is just awesome!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Seaside....had a group rate for around $177/night....
that embassy suites is probably completely booked over the historics weekend, and i can guarantee that it is no where near $177/night.

for perspective, i'm paying six bills a night for the so-so marriott in downtown (well, not really, cashing in my billions of marriott points but that's the going rate). During "The Weekend", everything goes insane.

your best bet is finding a place in santa cruz, gilroy or maybe salinas if you're lucky.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Almost everything around is booked now. You have to settle for crappier and more expensive or much farther away.

The Howard Johnsons in Salinas still had rooms today, at $200 a night.

·
Registered
43 Posts
A couple of Lotus/Catheram 7 guys (including myself) are planning to do the same thing. I think they're actually headed back down sunday via the airline hwy. I'll be headed back sunday night 101/5.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sooooo, reviving this thread again, anyone interested in meeting up in LA friday morning (7/14) and driving up to Monterey? preferably sometime early morning (7~8AM) so we can be up there by around 2PM.

taking 101 up, stopping for brunch mid way somewhere and a couple other rest breaks along the way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts