The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone received a lazer blue yet or heard anything about when they might start showing up? I have'nt seen one in person in two years and that was an exige. GORGEOUS!!!

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
My Laser Blue car is due in six to eight weeks. Haven't seen any deliveries yet. Also none were evident at the port holding areas.
I'm happy that the color seems to be pretty rare at least for the time being.
Since you have seen the color in person,does Laser Blue have a lot of pearl in it , and does it have a coarse or fine metallic flake?

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
My car is at the distribution center and is due in either later this week (unlikely) or sometime next week. Don't worry, they'll be plenty of pics ..................when I stop driving it long enough to return to my computer.:D

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Are you guys sure that L. Blue cars are coming to U.S. and not being replaced by Magnetic Blue? They don't mention the color in the same breath with anything pertaining to the U.S. that I've seen. Hope, for your sakes, they're really coming.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Mine is supposedly already built and is supposed to be here any day now. Yes laser blue is coming. On my order sheet the head guy at Lotus..what's his name? actually signed his name next to my order saying he okayed my laser blue car. It was pretty cool to see that.:D

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
Are you guys sure that L. Blue cars are coming to U.S. and not being replaced by Magnetic Blue? They don't mention the color in the same breath with anything pertaining to the U.S. that I've seen. Hope, for your sakes, they're really coming.
Lazer Blue has been discontinued by Lotus as an available color for any country. However, I with many others, pushed Lotus to offer the color ito us in the US. After litterally 2 years of discussion, Lotus opted to offer the color for a limited time. Lazer Blue was not placed in any brochures. As a matter of fact, those of us who chose the color actually have a paint code written as our color choice rather than a formal name. The color was available, at least intially, only to the first few batches of orders. That may change due to the popularity of the color so far. Although I haven't seen any pictures, I can assure you my Lazer Blue car was built with 2 others in July and all three should be delivered within the next 2 weeks.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I think Lazer Blue is a sweet color, but is anyone who's already ordered it worried at all at being able to obtain a color match later on if the car needs to be repainted or a piece needs to be color matched? Say 5 years down the road and you get into an accident that dents the front bumper, would one be sorta screwed?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wallabyguy, you me and someone else. Thanks so much for your hard work. If you recall you posted some high res pix for me when I was ordering mine. I am so happy I decided on laser blue. You're right...his name is written by a paint code number and he wrote his name and the word okay. Liike I said..it's pretty cool. I'll see if I can take a picture of it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Not really worried. I also got the clear bra. Wallabyguy, I'm in pittsburgh. I guess the PA guys have great taste!

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
clrodrick said:
I think Lazer Blue is a sweet color, but is anyone who's already ordered it worried at all at being able to obtain a color match later on if the car needs to be repainted or a piece needs to be color matched? Say 5 years down the road and you get into an accident that dents the front bumper, would one be sorta screwed?
Any paint color from the past 15 or so years has a computer paint code which, at least in theory would allow for paint matching later. As I mentioned, the paint code for the color is actually on our order sheets so it'll be real easy to match. I'm not worried. And besides, although it will be rare here, in Europe, the color was very popular and something you'll quickly discover in Lotus ownership is that when it comes to paint, parts etc., it's sometimes best to look out in England than here.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
Were you guys charged 'Lifestyle Color'
price or is it considered just a metallic like the other other blues?
Lifestyle, Although honestly I told Lotus during my petitioning to get the color I was willing to pay more. In fact, I contacted Lotus Motorsports independently and asked them to paint my car if the main assmebly process couldn't. Thankfully it didn't have to get to that point.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I'm hoping that the third car is mine! It would be a big surprise though since I was told to expect early to mid October delivery. The way cars have been showing up out of sequence and with the color batching I'm pretty excited about the possibility of it really being my car.
My dealer says they have no way of finding out anything at all (lazy I think).
Is there anyone at Lotus USA that I could call? I do have what I think is a build #....
Does anyone have the contact #?
My cell phone # is (510)502-0172 call me off list..

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Kudos to Wallabyguy!

Wallabyguy,
Wanted to say thanks for contributing your efforts toward making Laser Blue an option. It looks to be a SUPER choice!
I had only heard of the color here on the list, the dealer had no Idea it even existed. I can't believe I ordered the color and have never even seen it in person. In the pictures it looks completley outrageous! My second choice would have been Chrome Orange!
Cheers!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts