The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yikes!!
Biobaggie was kind enough to meet us over at Silver Star with his Lazer Blue Elise. I just couldn't believe how gorgeous it was in person. I forgot to ask him if it would be ok if I post some of the pics I took. So until I get the ok from him, here's a teaser:

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
More pics! Wish i was there, i live 3 min from silver star. Let me know if you guys are going to me up again. I decided on Saffron but want to see the laser blue in person to make my final decision...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. Biobaggie has given me the thumbs up to post some pics of his lovely Laser Blue.
This car changes shades of colors like crazy. Depending on the angle of the light, and the proximity of buildings being reflected, it goes from light blue to dark blue and back to light.....While parked!

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
See the sun just barely touching the passenger mirror? It goes WAY light and sparkley when the sun hits the paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just thought this was a cool angle. Look closely and again you'll see about 4 different flavors and shades of blue punching out your retinas.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One last shot. The view most people will see of this car.
I hope you all have enjoyed this mini festival of fun pictures!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Bill,
Those are some spectacular shots. You seem to be good with a camera. What kind do you use?

You should take shots at the next Club111 meet!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I shot those with a Nikon D100 digital SLR.
The two close-ups were with a 105 macro 2.0 and the first wide angle shot was a 14 mm.
The other pics were taken with an 80-200 2.8 Silent Wave blah blah blah. Some of the photos didn't turn out because I got some drool on the lens. It would be fun to go to the next Club111 meet. When and where is it?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Holy crap, now I'm second-guessing my color choice! Honest opinions; does Laser Blue look too 'Girlie?' Between the curves and small size of the Elise, I don't want everyone calling it the "Barbie Car" like my MR-2! It would cetainly be an easy color to maintain and keep clean.

Bill, nice shots, you should operate cameras for a living :D
Max (fellow Steadicam operator)

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
maxxfish said:
Holy crap, now I'm second-guessing my color choice! Honest opinions; does Laser Blue look too 'Girlie?' Between the curves and small size of the Elise, I don't want everyone calling it the "Barbie Car" like my MR-2! It would cetainly be an easy color to maintain and keep clean.

Bill, nice shots, you should operate cameras for a living :D
Max (fellow Steadicam operator)
Well I grew up (partially) during the 80's so I'm in touch with my sensitive side.:D

·
Registered
262 Posts
My dealers told me Lazer Blue is unavailable to anyone after the lucky first submission of orders. If anyone else has had a better experience, please let us know, as Lazer Blue was my first choice when I placed my order in Nov 03. Since I wasn't in the first (or second) group of orders, I've been given the stiff-arm for Lazer Blue. I'll be happy with Mag Blue, but Lazer Blue has always been first choice.

Dave

·
Registered
592 Posts
Wow, I have a Laser Blue on order with an October build date. Your pictures are fantastic and further confirm that I think this color will be fantastic (never ordered a car before that I have never seen in the color I am buying). Looks like the money I wasted for the double upcharge on the paint will be long forgotten after I have my car.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Up till now, I never "got" the interest in Lazer Blue. I get it now. Awesome looking color.

I personally think it does not seem less masculine (assuming any color other than black or gray is okay).

It was a special color consideration so I am not surprised that they will not allow new orders of it.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I hope they can cycle special order or lifestyle colors a bit to make life interesting for those who have yet to order.

Bill,
They meets keep coming, so keep an eye out for it!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Great Pics and awesome color. I love how Britts like of these colors that change from different angles. The TVRs are always painted in some crazy stuff like that, from one side it loos orange and from the other is purple or something else. wonderfull!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts