The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
What?!? Well, there's never someone there to help you buy one! Went in on a Sunday and was as close to laying money down for an S as I had been but there was no one there to coerce me into buying one... :confused:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...i can't find any corroborating links - aren't they one of the largest dealers in north america?..

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was just in there the other day and Phil was more than helpful...dunno what the OP is going on about.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
...i can't find any corroborating links - aren't they one of the largest dealers in north america?..
well HRM was the largest...and they are gone.....

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
That is NOT true. The service will be under renovation, so while the building (the service side of the building) is getting some work done, Allen and the crew will be based out of Calabasas Lotus (same owner) for awhile. They should be back as soon as the building gets a facelift. I was there yesterday.

·
Registered
807 Posts
oh thank god. i thought i had to go down to orange county to get service now. they make us people from LA show our passports at the OC border rotfl

·
Registered
817 Posts
Wow, I'm glad it's not true... Would hate to drive to the Valley or OC for service...

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
If it can happen to Lotus of Austin, it could happen anywhere.

/Wait, what?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I don't know if it's true about Allen as this is the first I've heard of it. All I can say at 1am is that he's a friggin cool guy. The kind of guy you want touching your car. Cool enough to share similar musical interests and swap mp3s while geeky enough to know every nut and bolt of the car.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I've only met Allen at a few go-kart meets and never had my car serviced by him but if I needed a dealer to do work on my car since meeting him I would have made the trip to have him do it. That is a major bummer if it is indeed true.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Allen was "let go"
I find that hard to believe as Alan was the "mad scientist" at LoBH who tuned my Exige before my track day at streets of Willow. He knows where the "bodies are buried". I can't believe that they would "let him go".

I refuse to believe this until I hear concrete proof.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
That is NOT true. The service will be under renovation, so while the building (the service side of the building) is getting some work done, Allen and the crew will be based out of Calabasas Lotus (same owner) for awhile. They should be back as soon as the building gets a facelift. I was there yesterday.
Patrick,

I know that you may have been told differently but I know for a fact that there is more truth to the initial statement than not. I can't comment past that..........

1 - 20 of 174 Posts