The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right it's time for the second LCS event! :coolnana:
Just throwing up an individual thread for this event before the main one becomes 2000 posts long again.

Some people are leaving Thursday - Brent and Tim.

Some of us will be caravaning early Fri morning to make the track day on Fri....so far that will be myself, Tim T., and Jacob. Anyone else is welcome to join.

Guys let's meet up at the McDonald's at the Fairplex exit off the 10 fwy, which is the first exit just east of the 57/10 jxn.
Meet time: 5 a.m. :eek:
Barring no traffic we should be able to make it in around 4 hours to make the driver's meeting at 9 a.m.
Google map says to take the 15 to the 127 to the 178 ... should be fun!

Anyone got some new mods for this event???

Hopefully my datalogger will be functional.
Switching to 15/16 wheel combo.
Trying out a long-awaited HANS (thanks Peter)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I might stop out to watch and cheer. I'm working on some body stuff but don't know if I'll be done by next weekend.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Me too...everyone have fun out there! If I'm back in time from NYC I'll try and hang on Sat night for some trouble.

I'm not going but, mods: Innovative mounts + LETSLA shifter kit + shifter reinforcement = :) !! BUZZY on the streets, but it's going to be killer on the track.

Eddie - left my Hans + helmet at DRS, what wheels tires did you end up getting in 15/16?

·
Registered
679 Posts
My car is all apart but I will be ready. Can't wait.

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mods hahahahahahah ! I spoke to 20 people yesterday and every single one was either waiting for parts, installing parts , buying parts or wrenching on their cars. Check out the videos on Lotus Challenge Series I uploaded them today . Jim
Eddie there are rooms at the nugget or stay at Sheri's Ranch: An Exclusive Legal Brothel Closest to Las Vegas, Nevada rated r+++
Jim, thanks for opening up more rooms at the Nugget, my gf would have killed me if we stayed at Sheri's Ranch :thwack:

Me too...everyone have fun out there! If I'm back in time from NYC I'll try and hang on Sat night for some trouble.

I'm not going but, mods: Innovative mounts + LETSLA shifter kit + shifter reinforcement = :) !! BUZZY on the streets, but it's going to be killer on the track.

Eddie - left my Hans + helmet at DRS, what wheels tires did you end up getting in 15/16?
Peter, thanks!!! wish you could come out and join us.

You have to love a perfectly corner balanced suspension... :D
Love your pre-tech pics....
What is your ride height set at?
Is the 2200+ lbs. with ballasts of you in it?

The car is just about ready to go back together so I'll be at buttonwillow with it next week.
Are you able to make Time Attack? G'luck! Thanks for letting me run the Rota's.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Tim-

Lucent is great, and so is DRS...Brent if he has time...Carl if he has time...

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
If anybody has any junk clams or other fbrglass stuff they want to unload to free up garage space bring it along. I will take care of it, I'm a body guy and I'm working on a few things.

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If anybody has any junk clams or other fbrglass stuff they want to unload to free up garage space bring it along. I will take care of it, I'm a body guy and I'm working on a few things.
I have a hole in my driver's rocker panel....is that something you could patch up? I'll try to snap a pic. of it...it's about the size of a silver dollar at the bottom rear corner.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I have a hole in my driver's rocker panel....is that something you could patch up? I'll try to snap a pic. of it...it's about the size of a silver dollar at the bottom rear corner.
I can but I am pretty booked up right now. Probably within the next few weeks. I'll check it out at the Spring Mountain. I plan to be at a few more of the events especially when I get my car back together.

I just had my car trailered out from Phila. on an open trailer- I know I know, but it's already damaged so I figured what's the harm. However it was under an MR2 with an oil leak so my roof and rear clam are pretty soiled and the car is really dirty even though it was the in the rear. I imagine it's like picking up one of these working girls hear in Vegas- kinda fun but very dirty and damaged. It was $800 compared to $2k with UPS... that's good strip money.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Eddie, patch the hole up with duct tape or something to keep the dirt out till you can get it fixed. Once dirt or sand gets in there it can be a pain in the a$$ to clean out.

Nobody else wants to caravan with us? Three Asian knuckleheads driving through the desert. God help us if we get pulled over. :panic:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Eddie, patch the hole up with duct tape or something to keep the dirt out till you can get it fixed. Once dirt or sand gets in there it can be a pain in the a$$ to clean out.

Nobody else wants to caravan with us? Three Asian knuckleheads driving through the desert. God help us if we get pulled over. :panic:
I'm headed out Thursday from SD... I-15 runs about 1/2 mile from my house... but I'll be on the 215 bypass until it rejoins the 15 past Fontana...

1 - 20 of 65 Posts