Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I like that picture...a lot

I hope to be back from europe before the 30th (!) will know schedule this week - we running 13 or something cool like 1ACCW?

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
13 cw it is .
I thought we were not announcing configs?

Oh well...all I ask is that Jack invites me on one of the 10 days he rents the track in may to learn every bump and skid mark.-poke- At least I will be able to say that I DID have the same advantage, just didn't TAKE advantage!!!!:shrug: One day I hope to grow up and be you Jack!! or you can just adopt me now???

Sure will be fun when we all get to a track that nobody has ever run IMO. reno....miller.....

·
Registered
3,520 Posts

Oh well...all I ask is that Jack invites me on one of the 10 days he rents the track in may to learn every bump and skid mark.-poke- At least I will be able to say that I DID have the same advantage, just didn't TAKE advantage!!!!:shrug: One day I hope to grow up and be you Jack!! or you can just adopt me now???

Sure will be fun when we all get to a track that nobody has ever run IMO. reno....miller.....

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Nice to chime in from the sidelines AJ, Now how about showing up for an event? Sure would be great to see you at BW in May.

·
Registered
85 Posts

I suggest we ban Jack from testing...make him drive a tractor or perhaps a Zamboni....that will solve the problem.:crazyeyes

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
One day I hope to grow up and be you Jack!! or you can just adopt me now???
The first thing I'm sure Jack would require, being that he's already raised his kids, is that you learn to enjoy wine rather than whine. Unless we're talking about SC whine, which I imagine Jack likes even more than wine. You know, Robb..I think there's still hope for you. Just remember, just because he adopts you doesn't mean he has to let you win, if that's what you're hoping for. That's considered bad parenting - and I'm sure Jack knows that.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Nice to chime in from the sidelines AJ, Now how about showing up for an event? Sure would be great to see you at BW in May.
Stop changing the rules to try making your car the fastest in your class and it would help me to consider it... :D :shrug:

The reschudule of BW put it on the same day as the next redline event so I wont be there.

I'm not terribly excited to be stuck running in ultra class. Also I would have been the only ultra class car at big willow and therefor not even qualified for any prizes. I dont mean to offend anyone but the only time there were cars in ultra this season they were pretty slow and wouldnt be much competition, walking away with a free win in the class doesn't entertain me.

Price is another killer for me too: the $550($399 + $150 insurance) price tag of the events is a bit steep especially considering that I often share the car and get maybe a minimal discount even though time on track is severly lowered.

A normal HPDE day maybe be less track time but with two drivers it works out to pretty much the same as I would get at an LCS event. Jacks private days are priced in between the two but we only have to pay per car so that works great as well. The full weekend for the redline time attack event coming up at big willow costs $210 less that the single day at the LCS big willow cost...and I have to admit the competition and classing and the other cars at these events is awesome.

I do miss the LCS and especially the people but its not really worth it for me right now. I'll still at be some events and maybe run in some more as well but it isn't a priority.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stop changing the rules to try making your car the fastest in your class and it would help me to consider it... :D :shrug:

The reschudule of BW put it on the same day as the next redline event so I wont be there.

I'm not terribly excited to be stuck running in ultra class. Also I would have been the only ultra class car at big willow and therefor not even qualified for any prizes. I dont mean to offend anyone but the only time there were cars in ultra this season they were pretty slow and wouldnt be much competition, walking away with a free win in the class doesn't entertain me.

Price is another killer for me too: the $550($399 + $150 insurance) price tag of the events is a bit steep especially considering that I often share the car and get maybe a minimal discount even though time on track is severly lowered.

A normal HPDE day maybe be less track time but with two drivers it works out to pretty much the same as I would get at an LCS event. Jacks private days are priced in between the two but we only have to pay per car so that works great as well. The full weekend for the redline time attack event coming up at big willow costs $210 less that the single day at the LCS big willow cost...and I have to admit the competition and classing and the other cars at these events is awesome.

I do miss the LCS and especially the people but its not really worth it for me right now. I'll still at be some events and maybe run in some more as well but it isn't a priority.
Unfortunately the cost to run LCS events are more expensive than your typical track day. Insurance alone is the cost of renting the track in some cases. When you limit the participation to 25 cars and you have w2w events you cannot charge less without coming out of pocket to put on the events. I also feel that our pricing reflects are participants understanding of what our series is about . Exclusivity.
I am sure if I asked everyone how important the prizes are they would respond important but recognition and bragging rights go further than a prize. Don't get me wrong we all like prizes but we are not professional race car drivers just friends having a good time. The prizes are appreciated by everyone but the growth of the series and seeing everyone's faces after the last race is what its all about.
Your comment about competition is interesting . Just run r888 and qualify in f/i . Tim and Eddie are doing a pretty good job in that class. We lost John but hopefully when I announce miller motor park he will join us again. BTW to rent that track is 30k per day.
The bottom line is that LCS is not for everyone. Hopefully you will see the value and join us again.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Unfortunately the cost to run LCS events are more expensive than your typical track day. Insurance alone is the cost of renting the track in some cases. When you limit the participation to 25 cars and you have w2w events you cannot charge less without coming out of pocket to put on the events. I also feel that our pricing reflects are participants understanding of what our series is about . Exclusivity.
I am sure if I asked everyone how important the prizes are they would respond important but recognition and bragging rights go further than a prize. Don't get me wrong we all like prizes but we are not professional race car drivers just friends having a good time. The prizes are appreciated by everyone but the growth of the series and seeing everyone's faces after the last race is what its all about.
Your comment about competition is interesting . Just run r888 and qualify in f/i . Tim and Eddie are doing a pretty good job in that class. We lost John but hopefully when I announce miller motor park he will join us again. BTW to rent that track is 30k per day.
The bottom line is that LCS is not for everyone. Hopefully you will see the value and join us again.
I'd love to run FI with R888s, but according to the rules I could run on fast foods trays and still be in ultra because of my power level. The rule last season said I could run R888s and run cup but that was changed this year.

I prefer to set my car up for R888s anyway because that is what I run in redline as well and they are cheaper than slicks. If I did come out and run ultra I'd still most likely just run R888s.

Prizes arent what I compete for but getting credit towards tires or parts does take the sting off the registration fees at the end of the day.

edit: I'm hoping that it was a typo and you meant to say $3k a day......and if that is correct then $495 x 25 = $12,375!!!!!!!! or $9k more than it costs to rent the track!!!!!!! If you did mean 30k then you are losing $17k each day and I doubt that......whatever it is something doesn't add up.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'd love to run FI with R888s, but according to the rules I could run on fast foods trays and still be in ultra because of my power level. The rule last season said I could run R888s and run cup but that was changed this year.

I prefer to set my car up for R888s anyway because that is what I run in redline as well and they are cheaper than slicks. If I did come out and run ultra I'd still most likely just run R888s.

Prizes arent what I compete for but getting credit towards tires or parts does take the sting off the registration fees at the end of the day.

edit: I'm hoping that it was a typo and you meant to say $3k a day......and it that is correct then $495 x 25 = $12,375!!!!!!!! or $9k more than it costs to rent the track!!!!!!! If you did mean 30k then you are losing $17k each day and I doubt that......whatever it is something doesn't add up.
30k a day at miller. We would combine it with another group to off set the cost . Insurance alone ,depending on the track runs 2k-4k a day, corner workers 7-900 per day,700-1200 per day for ambulance plus my costs to put these on. . It adds up. W2W adds a lot of expense to our events.
Check with Robb on the rules . I did not know you were running more than the 246 to the wheels.
Win your class and you get credits from each of the sponsors . Some are valuable and others may not suit you.
I was offered 4 15 minute sessions at miller during the nascar race for 10k lol Its expensive to race.
Renting the track is 25 % of your expense.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
30k a day at miller. We would combine it with another group to off set the cost . Insurance alone ,depending on the track runs 2k-4k a day, corner workers 7-900 per day,700-1200 per day for ambulance plus my costs to put these on. . It adds up. W2W adds a lot of expense to our events.
Check with Robb on the rules . I did not know you were running more than the 246 to the wheels.
Win your class and you get credits from each of the sponsors . Some are valuable and others may not suit you.
I was offered 4 15 minute sessions at miller during the nascar race for 10k lol Its expensive to race.
Renting the track is 25 % of your expense.
You are looking at the wrong thread talking about miller. Thats the one Tom started.

again...not helping the arguement. and I really didn't want to actually look at all the numbers but since you are posting some of them......

worst case:
insurance = $4k
corner workers = $900
ambulence = $1200

total = $6100 + track rental itself(based on the prices of jacks track days which actually include corner workers I believe total ~4k)

total = ~$10k give or take...

$645($495 + $150 insurance fee) x 25 = ~$16k

difference ~ $6k/day ............I better be missing a lot!

add in the $1k -$5k+ from each of the sponsors for the season.

congrats.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You are looking at the wrong thread talking about miller. Thats the one Tom started.

again...not helping the arguement. and I really didn't want to actually look at all the numbers but since you are posting some of them......

worst case:
insurance = $4k
corner workers = $900
ambulence = $1200

total = $6100 + track rental itself(based on the prices of jacks track days which actually include corner workers I believe total ~4k)

total = ~$10k give or take...

$645($495 + $150 insurance fee) x 25 = ~$16k

difference ~ $6k/day ............I better be missing a lot!

add in the $1k -$5k+ from each of the sponsors for the season.

congrats.
Thank you for trying to figure out if we make money at LCS. Hopefully we do , so the people who are enjoying the series can have the confidence that we will continue to provide quality events.
Aj, once again LCS is not for everyone.
BTW John mentioned in the thread he would like to do miller that might get him out of retirement.

1 - 20 of 436 Posts