The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
LCS #6 at Streets of Willow counter clockwise with Doc Bundy on August 7, 09

This is our reunion event with all previous LCS participants invited to join us. We have a special guest attending. He is none other than Doc Bundy one of Lotus cars most famous race car drivers. He will be in attendance to give chalk talks and do in car coaching. He is flying in from Atlanta just to attend our event. Lets show him what the series is all about.:clap:
This event will be the official start of club racing . Up to this point we have had demo races to get everyone interested in racing wheel to wheel. Going forward the points earned at the club race will count towards a year end champion. There will be a champion in each of the classes which are the same as the time trial classes. These champions will compete in a national championship in 2010 against winners from other regions.
This same format will be used for our time trial winners as well.
Please register at MotorsportReg.com : Online registration management tools for driving and social events

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully , if thats the case people will keep there tanks topped off . We need to challenge ourselves with new configurations to take out the "home track" advantage . I have run ccw and liked it better than cw. Just my opinion.
We missed you at laguna it was a great event.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Hopefully , if thats the case people will keep there tanks topped off . We need to challenge ourselves with new configurations to take out the "home track" advantage . I have run ccw and liked it better than cw. Just my opinion.
We missed you at laguna it was a great event.
:bow:
thanks Jim.....although don't let Tim fool you. i have seen him run this config and he was the fastest guy out. My money is on him again.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Tim,
I have a new fuel cell for sale if you want it. let me know
Robb
Robb is this Brent's?...I want....

Is cage required for this race?
I don't think I have time to drop one in....it's less than 3 wks away...

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Robb is this Brent's?...I want....

Is cage required for this race?
I don't think I have time to drop one in....it's less than 3 wks away...
R3 can do a cage in 4 days.

I thought you didn't want it when I offered it to you?
call me if you do.

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts

call me if you do.
Appreciate it Robb....I have to hold off for now though :( due to funds being reallocated to home...

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Positive change in the class structure from that posted on LCS site. Thanks, Jim. Always nice to know there's a chance of winning in my humble NA.

CCW at streets is loads of fun. Haven't done it in well over a year, but it is more fun IMO than CW. It's also much harder on the brakes at skidpad and T3-CW due to downhill entry from the preceding straight. It'll also help keep engine heat down (no uphill straight).

Glad to see we're coming out of the closet with the race series!

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Its time sign up! We have to pay all our deposits!
Demo races were a lot of fun and we are hopeful that participants will decide to cage their cars. If not, the time trial series is alive and well.
I'm in! :coolnana: (for the TT, that is)

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts

call me if you do.
4 days huh? hmmmmmmmmmm :p

OTOH, how's the Lotus spec class rules coming along - may have to pick one up for cheap ;)

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
A shameless plug-

For many of you in the series I am selling the following goodies:

Hans device with tether straps excellent condition. $600.00
Traq mate with original box, software cd. $750.00
Cool shirt size xl with canister. Fits in the passenger foot well. $225.00
Used set of front cup rotors very good condition. $500.00 for the pair.
Lotus car cover . Black $200.00
1 set of hoosier tires with 80% tread $450.00- Sold
1 turn left signal in the box $50.00
1 unpainted front oem exige splitter $150.00
First with the $ gets the goodies. No waiting lists lol.
I can bring the items to the track. Jim

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
4 days huh? hmmmmmmmmmm :p

OTOH, how's the Lotus spec class rules coming along - may have to pick one up for cheap ;)
I have sent the Spec Elise rules along with the rest of the updates for 2010 to the Rules Committee for commenting and am hoping to pass our copies at SOW, but don't hold your breath.

Spec Elise looks great. Spec tire, spec brakes, spec EVERYTHING! OEM or LS only for the most part.

We should see a fully optioned SPEC ELISE built out with cage and all necessary evils for $20K. These cars are in auction at $10k right now.

we will keep you posted!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have sent the Spec Elise rules along with the rest of the updates for 2010 to the Rules Committee for commenting and am hoping to pass our copies at SOW, but don't hold your breath.

Spec Elise looks great. Spec tire, spec brakes, spec EVERYTHING! OEM or LS only for the most part.

We should see a fully optioned SPEC ELISE built out with cage and all necessary evils for $20K. These cars are in auction at $10k right now.

we will keep you posted!
Elise only, no N/a Exige?

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts

we will keep you posted!
We should see if we can get a group buy rate from say Hertz rental...

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Or Spec Lotus? Would love to see links for $10k lotuses.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts