The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

LCS #8 Infineon October 8th and 9th

16K views 203 replies 30 participants last post by  viloprods 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I haven't been on track since spring. Just sign up for Laguna in about a month. Still debating which Sears Point date to run. Most likely will do, Oct 9 as a HPDE event. If you guys liked Laguna, you will love Sears Point. Just treat her with respect, because she gives you very little forgiveness.

#5 ·
OK... already ...... Who's going to Infineon?

I definitely want to run this track before I retire from the LCS (mandatory retirement age for me is right around the corner ;)). It should be a blast. Kelley and I will be up there for most of September practicing...rotfl

We need people to commit for this venue NOW for it to remain on the schedule, so please sign up.

#14 ·
Mr Know- glad to hear you’ll be running your home track. The SV groups tend to be fairly quick. Never ran their novice group.

Have run many times with Trackmaster who will also be sharing this date. First time I ran Sears Point, was with them. I dropped down to the novice group to work with a instructor. However they were short one and since I had a decent amount of track experience- it was about the 3rd session before I had one go out with me. Think for a track like Sears Point it is even more importation to learn the lines because in general if your off for one you will be slow for the next several. Once I got the extra help the times came way down.

#16 · (Edited)
SV and Trackmaster have “shared” Laguna and Sears Point dates in the past. By far Sears Point cost the most to rent out of all the CA tracks. They are just drawing from there base to fill the date. The more interesting part will be adding LCS and Miata Challenge to the mix.

For example at the end of this month the Shelby club will be running Sear Point over the weekend and are sharing it with a SoCA vintage race group. Know the head of the Shelby track days and they are doing it as a lower cost/ fewer run session for the HPDE part of it (If I didn't have a autox this weekend, would have been there). Not sure if this Oct date would be a full 5-6 session for the HPDE part of it.

Trackmaster hasn't open up the registration yet, plus I'd ping Doug first to check the format. For something like this it's common to not have a novice group.

edit- looked at SV and I guess they will be running a novice group. So not sure what the seat time will look like...

#20 ·
I can't wait for this event!!! We spent about a week up there testing earlier this year. I was amazed by the track!!! I cannot explain how awesome the track is. All of us LCS/ "Jack pack" folks are spoiled by having a few local tracks that we can frequent easily. I know it's a long haul, but let me tell you this place is on another level!!! I think I like it better than (dare I say) Laguna Seca. We will be there for tech support as always. I look forward to seeing everyone there!!

#22 ·
Infineon was my excuse to buy Iracing....now if only I can stay on the friggen track.
This Iracing thing is like learning to walk again!

#39 ·
What system requirements would be consider minimum for getting something out of Iracing?

I'm reg'd for infineon LCS event. Been watching racing vids on you tube. I imagine IRacing could corrupt the real experience some, but probably good for learning the turns. Wonder if you can run IRacing without any other cars to get some clean runs in Robb. Are we running turn 9 or 9A for LCS?

#40 ·
It's a step above studing a track map. Elevations and depth are lost in Iracing. A good video is probably better for this.
Iracing is a fun game.

Just got 8th in my first legend oval race.

#44 ·
What is a fast lap time at Infinion? close to 2.00 I presume?

#47 ·
I'm scared of turn 10 on Iracing!!!

I have already been in that wall a few times....btw, I am free if anyone wants a ride along:D

#48 ·
Oh yeah, this is a track you'll need to pay close attention to. Turns 2, 3, and 3a are pretty much blind up the hill approach, down the hill type turns. It was in Turn 3 last month that the IRL guys in practice had a car spin and another coming at speed made heavy contact. You really need to pick up those flagging stations. I took 3 once at speed and made the mistake of a early apex... get it wrong and you don't have much time to recover.

I've seen or been on track when cars have gone off at 3, rolled and ended upside down in 6, it pretty common to loose it coming out of th esses (first day there I had only left a safety margin and had the guy right in front of me lose it). As well as hitting the wall at 10. Heck I was in the paddock when I heard the heavy impact of someone hitting the wall on the main straight. We guess he missed shift- got a ride out in a ambulance.

I've only driven it 5-6 times, think the last one was the only one someone didn't hit a wall.

Main thing is to learn the proper lines, then you can carry the speed. Heck I still leave a fair amount on the table when it comes to Turn 10 and 11. It's a demanding and rather technical track but also a ton of fun as you get the hang of it.

#49 ·
For those of you running large front splitters and big wings/diffusers, you might want to adjust your rake some as 8a will tend to induce understeer as the splitter is less efficient at reducing pressure below the front of the car while going "over the hill".

There's a nasty bump in 6, either avoid it or compromise your suspension to deal with it.

10 is very fast, 5th gear corner -- run off is very limited so definitely want to treat this track with respect.

Infineon is definitely a good Lotus track.

Rob.

#50 ·
For those of you running large front splitters
Rob.
Compressing into turn 3 at Infineon probably even "worse" than into turn 2 at BW, so might need to increase ride height for splitter to not rub too much.
Generally don't climb as much curbing at Infineon compare to BW.

Nothing like the new curbing at Monza ... F1 race will be interesting with such high curbing. Driver's aren't liking it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.