The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else feel that time off between May 31 to Aug 7 for LCS West is too long and we’ll go into withdrawal?
What would interest be in adding another event in that gap? And what track would be of interest?

For myself, I’d prefer one of the cooler tracks mid summer.
Laguna Seca and Infineon generally don’t get as hot during those summer months.
How about Fontana - might be hot, but closer for a bunch of us and adds another track not on the schedule.
Haven’t been to Miller Motorsports Park (near Salt Lake City), but hear good things - too far?

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Tom, I'd be up for it....I'd love to do any course up in Norcal - Laguna, Thunderhill, Infineon.
ACS would be awesome if we could do the Roval.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
I would be present at either RENO/FERNLY or MILLER for sure!:clap:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Is there a great track in Barcelona? If so, count me in.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the feedback so far.
Now to get specific with a proposed date and track:

What would interest be in Infineon July 4-5, Sat-Sun?
This would be a run group for LCS, sharing the track with another org.
Also, how important to you is having a race for this event?

If you haven't been to Infineon, let me say it is a fun technical track, fabulous local
(near Napa Valley - so significant others can enjoy the spas, wineries, dinning, etc.)
and July weather tends to be good - reasonable temps and no rain.

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Infineon sounds awesome!
We're still doing Infineon on oct 8/9?

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Thanks for the feedback so far.
Now to get specific with a proposed date and track:

What would interest be in Infineon July 4-5, Sat-Sun?
This would be a run group for LCS, sharing the track with another org.
Also, how important to you is having a race for this event?

If you haven't been to Infineon, let me say it is a fun technical track, fabulous local
(near Napa Valley - so significant others can enjoy the spas, wineries, dinning, etc.)
and July weather tends to be good - reasonable temps and no rain.

Tom
Change the spelling of Infinion to RENO/FERNLY and let's save LOTS of money and have a race!

I have heard it's world class and loads cheaper.

I would have trouble going to infineon even WITh a race.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You spell it Infinion, I spell it Infineon, still a great track (and computer chip company - the sponsor and renamer of Sears Point - I used to use their DRAM at Broadcom.)

Yes ... we would still return to Infineon in Oct.

I haven't been to Reno-Fernley. Track map looks interesting.
Anyone run there?
How hot does it get in the summer?
Would be a long haul for us from SoCal.

Robb ... Is your trouble going to Infineon the date or distance or cost?

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
a rare opportunity to run the full course at miller. Lapping Days will be there June 8th running the full config

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
You spell it Infinion, I spell it Infineon, still a great track (and computer chip company - the sponsor and renamer of Sears Point - I used to use their DRAM at Broadcom.)

Yes ... we would still return to Infineon in Oct.

I haven't been to Reno-Fernley. Track map looks interesting.
Anyone run there?
How hot does it get in the summer?
Would be a long haul for us from SoCal.

Robb ... Is your trouble going to Infineon the date or distance or cost?
To be honest, I am not going to go there twice in one year unless we have a race both times and it costs less. I understand why it is so pricey and that we won't be able to have even a time trial at either event.
I know Infineon is an awesome track but it is hard for me to get away for the time it will take. It could be 5 days between track and travel.

Reno is 200+ miles closer for me but not better for you guys in CA so I understand. However Reno is a 4 mile track and I have heard so many great things about it from guys who go.

+ it would be like 75 degrees in the summer.

It is still a long way, but it should come at a far lessor cost and we will be able to have TT and Races BOTH days!

just my opinion because you asked!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
To be honest, I am not going to go there twice in one year unless we have a race both times and it costs less. I understand why it is so pricey and that we won't be able to have even a time trial at either event.
I know Infineon is an awesome track but it is hard for me to get away for the time it will take. It could be 5 days between track and travel.

Reno is 200+ miles closer for me but not better for you guys in CA so I understand. However Reno is a 4 mile track and I have heard so many great things about it from guys who go.

+ it would be like 75 degrees in the summer.

It is still a long way, but it should come at a far lessor cost and we will be able to have TT and Races BOTH days!

just my opinion because you asked!
We are planning on having a tt and race at Infineon.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts