The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come across the Lea Components Exige wing for sale in the US? It looks like the original wing but is a bit wider without looking hardcore. It's also adjustable but I'm not sure that's much of a plus.

Their website is http://www.lea-components.it but there is no US distributor/retailer listed and an email to them went unanswered. I contacted a retailer in Italy that was willing to ship the wing to the US but his exchange rates were extortion-like and he was unresponsive to sell at the web price x current exchange rates. I actually now see that retailer no longer carries this wing but I recall it was around $1100 US at fair exchange rates. The second picture below compares it to the stock wing.

Maybe one of our forum sponsors would like to retail their stuff? :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Exige Wing

I imported 3 of those wings from Europe last year, and they were around $1200.00 with shipping. Then there was the hidden duties and taxes charges about a month later from DHL that was another $300.00 . That is what I would expect you to pay if you intend on trying to bring one in.

The quality was really good, One wing was perfect finish with a very solid wing adjustment. The other two required clear coat repair and the wing adjustment had to really be torqued down alot to make the angle solid and tight. Hope this helps.

J

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jamncali: Thanks for the review. I didn't factor in duty and taxes.

Do you have any pictures?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have had some request to bring some more in but I didn't want to get stuck with a bunch of wings in a slow economy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The wing is really an awesome part, I saw it in real at elise-shop.com (you can try to contact Yvo to get a quotation to ship to US).
For the italian retailer, he published the wing at a wrong price (800€), in fact it was the price for the carbon one that has the same size as the stock one...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yvo is cool, the price is really gonna depend on the exchange rate and the shipping charges. You will also have some duty or taxes added on.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Well the biggest question should be is it functional>?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Saw this product at SEMA and I got to test the demo out myself. The idea looks promising but I think it still need a lot of work to get the module to function correctly during a test run and not just during the presentation alone.

Not to mean hi-jack your threat, but I can't help to type in this web site: AEROMOTIONS

·
Registered
693 Posts
That looks very nice!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Saw this product at SEMA and I got to test the demo out myself. The idea looks promising but I think it still need a lot of work to get the module to function correctly during a test run and not just during the presentation alone.
Hi, this is Greg from AeroMotions. I'm a little surprised by your comment, and wonder what you think doesn't work in the Dynamic Wings, and what testing you've done to drive that conclusion?

I don't usually enter forums. Some people love our wings, others think they're too expensive, too big, etc. However, we've never had anyone allege that they don't function correctly. I would be happy to discuss openly any testing you have done, or concerns you have.

It's also worth noting that pro race teams are running our wings. We've never had a problem on the track, or a complaint about functionality. And these guys drive hard :)

As you may know, Active Aero was written into the rules for Redline Time Attack this year. One of the top teams, GST, brought their pro driver (Gary Sheehan) down to a GTR event to evaluate our wing for their RTA car. Read what he wrote. Buttonwillow Track Day Dec 29th! - NAGTROC - The Nissan GT-R Owners Club

1 - 20 of 28 Posts