The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a color match for the leather seats (need to fill a couple of small cracks) and am unsure what color code I have.
It is a 98 V8 and the leather is the tan/magnolia.
Trim code in the front states XX21, but I'm unsure what that actually designates.
Any help would be gratefully received.
Cheers
Adam

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,861 Posts
Leatherique.com can match it, many members here have experienced success with them.

A local leather/upholstery shop could probably set you up as well.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Leatherique has our colors on file and can get you the supplies you need. Dye, crack filler, and rejuvinator. You supply the sandpaper! Read everything about leather care on their website.
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was Leatherique I was trying to find out for LOL
I love their rejuvenator, got a load slapped on right now :)
They didn't seem to know the color codes. I'll get back to them tomorrow.
Cheers

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
If they can't find the color you can snip a piece of leather off from a corner underneath the seat bottom but they should have it. Get some dye for the pipping too. It rubs off on the side of the driver's seat when you get in and out.
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
587 Posts
Touching in a few places on older leather can be a problem if the areas you want to touch up are exposed to sun. Sending a sample to Leatherique is the way to go if you want to match the original color, but you will want to match the color you have now unless you are going to do the whole seat.

Reactions: carbuff

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Unless the leather is in great condition and you are only trying to fix a small spot, when you do the first repair you are going to do not just the whole seat, but all of the leather. No matter how good the color match, when you finish up one seat it will look so good you will want to do it all. There is a LOT of leather in a Lotus!
David Teitelbaum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts