The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't going to get the touring pack but now that I realize I can't get the biscuit seats I am reconsidering.

It looks like all I would need to do would be switch out the seats and door panels in the future to get the biscuit interior if I changed my mind after ordering the cloth seats.

I was also going to get the hard top but may just wait to pick one up in the future from someone who wants to sell theirs.

I don't want the touring pack because I don't like the carpet and will be upgrading the sound system on my own.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
bboersma said:
I wasn't going to get the touring pack but now that I realize I can't get the biscuit seats I am reconsidering.

It looks like all I would need to do would be switch out the seats and door panels in the future to get the biscuit interior if I changed my mind after ordering the cloth seats.

I was also going to get the hard top but may just wait to pick one up in the future from someone who wants to sell theirs.

I don't want the touring pack because I don't like the carpet and will be upgrading the sound system on my own.
It may be cheaper to get Touring and remove the (double sided sticky tape/velcro) carpet.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I would second that.

It's going to cost you more than $1300 in time and effort to find/buy seats and door panels in biscuit and have them shipped to you and install them.

Just spend the $1300 on touring, remove the carpet, sell the radio on Ebay, and be done with it :).

- John

·
Registered
249 Posts
Re: Re: Leather Seat Retrofit

Randy Chase said:
It may be cheaper to get Touring and remove the (double sided sticky tape/velcro) carpet.
That is exactly my plan. I don't even need the insulated soft top portion of the package because I'll be getting a hardtop, but since the touring package is so reasonably priced it is worth it just for the seats (not sure if the power windows are a plus or minus yet).

·
Registered
549 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Leather Seat Retrofit

dez said:
That is exactly my plan. I don't even need the insulated soft top portion of the package because I'll be getting a hardtop, but since the touring package is so reasonably priced it is worth it just for the seats (not sure if the power windows are a plus or minus yet).
Hmmm...think might need that soft top when driving about without any top and hit unexpected weather...can't stow the hardtop on board unless you plan trailering it :D

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
bboersma said:

the carpeted side rails are that big of a deterrent?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Leather Seat Retrofit

michaelTT said:
Hmmm...think might need that soft top when driving about without any top and hit unexpected weather...can't stow the hardtop on board unless you plan trailering it :D
You're right, of course. But just meant that the insulated version was not an advantage over the standard soft top for me.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info, I will probably get the touring to get the biscuit seats, the carpet/power windows are items I don't want but that is the way it goes. $1,300 is pretty cheap for the package and it is much easier than the hassle of retrofitting.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
just my opinion, but...

have you considerd just getting the standard interior and taking it to custom interior shop - i have seen some beautifull seat, and door panel work - and the options are endless. a complaint i have about the color interior on the touring pack are they are not "two-tone" i think, personally, it would look better to get the standard, and change out the inner sections for a two tone color look.

I have a plan for some interior dress-ups, but i am keeping it top secret till i get my car and post pics :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Aftermarket guys like http://www.leatherseats.com/ may get into the Elise as well. I know it's a very low volume car compared to most that they deal with, but if there's a demand. I have a very nice two tone kit in my WRX and it's held up well over the last three years.

Paul

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just ordered my car and I have decided not to get the Touring. I want two-tone yellow black sport seats, not basic black. My olnly reservation is just how does the door panel look without leather and power windows? Anybody with pics?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts