The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

A good buddy of mine here at General Motors works in the trim shop and does all our internal models/Concept vehicles. He has just done my interior and would like to see if anyone else would be interested in getting some parts leather wrapped. He has done my HVAC surround and Binnacle/Console with cupholder. He can however do any part you would like of your lotus. He has over 20 years experience and does fantastic work. I will upload some of his work if you would like. Since the Lotus trim shop is closed, he can be a great source of amazing leather wrapping and custom interior work.:clap:

His name is Jeff Kilmer. If you would like to get in contact with him please PM me and I can forward his number.

Thanks everyone,

Zach

·
Registered
742 Posts
oooooo me likey :drool:

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have a friend out of San Rafael that has been doing custom interior work on high end cars for the past 15 years. Havn't been able to beat a price out of him since he wants to see the car in person first but I'm positive he would give a competive price. I want my whole interior done.

"Silverado Trail Auto Upholstery" in Napa has done awsome work for me, custom red leather seats in my old 350z & Z06. OEM finish but they were a bit more expensive. I want to give my buddy from San Rafael a shot.

·
Registered
413 Posts
It's a little out of the way for me, but I'd give it a shot if he's as good as you say! I probably won't have my car back for another week or two. Maybe we can get a group discount? :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
By the way, sorry Zwhitaker, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Looks like your friend does really nice work. Detroit is just way too far for me. :)

·
Registered
742 Posts
OP

Can you shoot us some basic ball park pricing on stuff like

Teardrops
HVAC Surround
Speedo Cover
Center Console

Reactions: C6DINO

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just txted him.

I will see what he says and get back to you asap.

Thanks,
Z

·
Registered
742 Posts
Thanks!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
All - don't want to steal Zach's guy's mojo but the 'do you know anyone who can do this?' question pops up in many threads.

The reality is that any decent auto upholstery shop should be able to do this sort of work. No substitute for quality, but everyone has a shop that does this in their areas.

My interior is all custom and I found a great shop right near me. You can ping:

- custom/hot rod car forums
- body shops that do high end cars - Ferrari/Lambo/Etc - they often work with 'trimmers'

Yellow99s on this forum is an absolute master. He does this for a living at a shop in Clinton, IA (right down the street from Flava Flav's Chicken Shack!!!) and does amazing work.

Zach - your buddy does great work. He may want to do a 'parts swap' thing if people are shipping say consoles/binnacles/ac surrounds. I know I wouldn't want my car naked if I had to ship parts and wait a few weeks. Winter time though, no biggie.

Great stuff.

Or you can always just call Ish at West Coast Customs and he can hook you up with some purple eh-suede! :)

·
Registered
999 Posts
The reality is that any decent auto upholstery shop should be able to do this sort of work. No substitute for quality, but everyone has a shop that does this in their areas.
+1. There are a couple of guys on the Peninsula (Bay Area) that do this. Bay Area prices though (not cheap). I had my Reverie carbon fiber seat done in black suede (see my for sale thread for pics of the work) and it was almost $600. You can go in and choose whatever material you want. Given I probably have to hack apart my center console to get it to fit with my Lotus Sport Recaro seat, I will probably cover it in something so it doesn't look like a ghetto hack job after I'm done.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jeff is going to give me prices soon. He was thinking if we had enough people interested, he could do a group buy. Say anyone who wants a black wrapped HVAC with what ever color stitching, you could pick. Would people be interested in something like this??

Let me know.

Zach

·
Registered
978 Posts
I'm interested in the HVAC, binnacle and possibly some other pieces.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Zwhitaker: I have an extra pair of door sills I have wanted to have leather wrapped to match my biscuit seats in an 05 Elise. Any chance you could ask him if he could do this and what cost would be? Not sure if the color can be matched exactly, but if he can get close to the Lotus 05 biscuit color, that would be great. Since these aren't in the car, if the price is good, I can just send them.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Interested depending of prices

- Center console
- HVAC
- Plastic that hold the 12 V plug behind the center console
- Maybe other parts

·
Registered
742 Posts
HVAC