The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

For those of you that have used or are using the Leatherique products could you please tell me why the company says to use the oil first and then the Pristine cleaner second.

Is it so they can sell more product?

Thanks for your help.

mr t

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi Everyone,

For those of you that have used or are using the Leatherique products could you please tell me why the company says to use the oil first and then the Pristine cleaner second.

Is it so they can sell more product?

Thanks for your help.

mr t
I have used these products on several of our cars with great results. The oil is used first to restore the leather and purge the contaminates that build up from use. I bath the seats and other leather surfaces with the oil and then place a hair dryer in the car with the windows and top closed to allow the interior to warm and the pores of the leather to open. Once the oil is absorbed I like to let it "cook" a while and then I remove the oil residue with a soft clean coten towel and warm water, rinsing the towel often to keep it clean. Once I have removed the excess oil I finish up with a wipedown of the Pristine Clean and a buff witha soft cotten cloth. I find that using the warm water to remove the oil residue saves the Pristine Clean and cuts some of the cost associated with the care of my leather. It is messy to work with and may seem like a lot of work but the results are well worth the trouble and I find our cars remain fresh with the leather soft natural to the touch. There is no shine or gloss that some products leave behind which looks terrible to me. Good luck with your efforts...just take your time!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I will try it your way next time Paul. How often do you redue?

mr t
I keep my cars inside a garage so UV is not an issue for me. Once every 6 months I oil the leather, between the treatments I clean with Pristine Clean as needed to remove dirt and sweat from driving in shorts (Florida).

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Paul,

OK, I think I got it now.

I was using the Pristine clean a few hours after applying the oil and it seemed it was taking a lot of the oil off.

The cleaner is to be used between oil applications.

Best regards,

mr t

1 - 6 of 6 Posts