The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cool or no? Here's the question - there are some rather wealthy guys that work in my building and as such there can be quite the car show in our garage. I've seen a F430 Scud, 997.2 Turbo, Panamara Turbo S, Cayenne Turbo S, 750IL, etc. Well today one of my all time favorites showed up with happy tags, a brand new McLaren MP4-12C.

So the question is can I put a note on it asking who's it is (well really putting my name, email, car, company) to introduce myself or is that lame? I'd be somewhat worried he's be pissed I even touched his windshield wiper, then again he may find it extremely cool. I may even know him as I'm guessing the 997.2 Turbo that I haven't seen lately has been replaced.

Being a car guy I want to be sure I follow all the etiquette correctly - so thoughts? Maybe I should just work in the garage today and wait for him :)

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
I'd do it, but not with my info. I'd do it to try to get people to join LT or our local lotus group on FB.

Find out when he comes in and i'd park near it and act like you were getting out at the same time.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
i think the note would look like a pick up ploy.
i would just keep an eye out for a chance encounter. he probably only works till 2 or 3pm. :)

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
I had a girl leave me a note saying "I may have licked your car"...
And there was a clean spot, about the size of a tongue, on my mirror housing. :)

I wasn't too upset about it.

On the 4th of July years ago, I found a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII rally car (this was before they were legal in the US) parked next to my Esprit at King Soopers. I was checking it out when the owner came out of the store. We ended up talking cars for over an hour. He had just finished the Pikes Peak hill climb race and decided to drive it to the store!

Leave a note saying "Awesome car, bring it out to the track!"

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
I left a note once under an Elise that was identical to mine, a doctors car, and got NO response. Some of us are REAL enthusiasts, who want to connect, and others could not care less.
Michael

·
Registered
572 Posts
Block it in the parking space with your Lotus. Then when they page you to go move your car you can meet him.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
I had one left on my car.....and what's annoying is you don't see the note when you get in....you get in, buckled up and are ready to go when you see it, then you have to get back out. At least put it on the door handle.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
If you see the car very often then I'd leave a note.

Say that you are a car enthusiast and mention that you have a sports car too.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I had one left on my car.....and what's annoying is you don't see the note when you get in....you get in, buckled up and are ready to go when you see it, then you have to get back out. At least put it on the door handle.
What handle? The car is lacking in that dept. I'd say don't leave a note.

I left one on an Aston once (his front tires were directional and one was backwards) he called me to tell me that "his tech did it this way, so it must be for a reason/right. last time I ever left a friendly note.

-JM

·
Registered
786 Posts
I had somebody leave a note on my windshield when parked at the office (parking garage). Creeped me out.-eek- Don't do it!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
DON'T DO IT. It truly does sound creepy/stalker-y

·
3Xtothe0[]
489 Posts
Some of us are REAL enthusiasts, who want to connect, and others could not care less.
Michael
I have come across this with a guy who owned a black 05 elise. Seemed like he could care a less about another elise owner? :shrug: Some people just want to own a cool looking car and don't care about the car itself or other owners. Too bad for him, he loses out on information that can help him with his car. Always listen to what advice others might have, it could save you large headaches down the road.

It was at a show and he represented us badly anyway, I got first place against many very good cars so in the end he was a two time loser...

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Yeah I'm in the 'creepy' category.

I'd just kinda eyeball him and 'run into him' in the lot at some point.

I started a new job 2 weeks ago and there's a guy with a DeTomaso Pantera that he drives on nice days. Yesterday was 75 and sunny and he drove it. Popped out and said hi. Nice guy. Actually, one of the execs in a different business unit. Turns out he also has a Lamborghini Urraco and a Factory Five Shelby Cobra. His daily, ironically enough, is a Ford F150.

Unfortunately, I couldn't 'show him' my Elise as it's in the shop after hitting that f*$($%g deer!

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
A note from a guy: creepy. A note from a gal, not so much. The last note I got on my car was from a gal who said she wanted to give me a bj with her phone number.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
A note from a guy: creepy. A note from a gal, not so much. The last note I got on my car was from a gal who said she wanted to give me a bj with her phone number.
So Ross should have one of the ladies in his office leave a note:D

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the input guys - I opted to leave well enough alone and not leave a note, etc. I do worry about the creeper aspect as I don't want to be that guy but to clarify I believe I've met the guy before (that wasn't clear from my first post) and he was a really nice guy (approached me getting out of my RS4 one day). And at a minimum with a MP4 he has to be a car guy so I think he'd take it the right way.

That said I still may put my card on his door, I have one I give to friends/students at the track with just my name and email with a picture of my car. My goal would be to get him to the track in it, it'd be a great excuse to drive it to show him the track.

Please however continue the debate - I thought this might be a somewhat interesting topic. Unfortunately I've never had anyone lick my car like Travis, so maybe this should be the "what's the best note you've gotten" thread.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
I had a girl leave me a note saying "I may have licked your car"...
And there was a clean spot, about the size of a tongue, on my mirror housing. :)

I wasn't too upset about it.

On the 4th of July years ago, I found a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII rally car (this was before they were legal in the US) parked next to my Esprit at King Soopers. I was checking it out when the owner came out of the store. We ended up talking cars for over an hour. He had just finished the Pikes Peak hill climb race and decided to drive it to the store!

Leave a note saying "Awesome car, bring it out to the track!"
Years ago my crazy ex spit on my car. I didn't think much about it, but later realized that spit (saliva) is very corrosive, and it ate into my clearcoat/paint. Lesson learned.

I was stationed in Colorado Springs (Falcon Air Force Base, United States Air Force) and ran into some of the Pike's Peak competitors downtown. Very cool bunch. What was even more cool was that after previously spending 11 years in Japan, I got to speak to them in their native tongue. I'm not sure who was happier. Many beers were consumed.

I'll be in Denver this Sunday afternoon if there is an event I could attend.

San

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Good call on not leaving the note. It's just my perspective, but it's a quarter million dollar car. I'm not so sure the guy wants anyone touching it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts