The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want to pick up an exige....I am thinking about selling my 08 sti -- its just not doing it for me. The problem however, is that I do not have any viable garage space. Aside from feeling absolutely horrible about leaving a lotus outside...on a regular basis, is this going to be a problem? Mainly, I've read a few things about some having leaks, not being 100% water tight from rain etc. Do you guys think it would be ok? I live in a pretty good area so I'm not worried about other people, just the elements. :sad:

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Morgan,

I park outside too. I am in California, so no snow.

I use a California Car Cover tailored to fit my car. Get the best one they make, the Weathershield.

Get their cable and lock.

Keep it covered when parked, away from prying eyes.

DOES NOT scratch the paint. :D

California Car Cover Company - Find a Cover

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Some people here park their cars outside. Don't think its such a big deal unless you are paranoid about leaving it outside(like you mentioned).

The only thing though, you dont get the piece of mind that you get from parking the car in a garage.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had my elise outside all last winter. Had a car on blocks in the garage working on it. Only bad thing was how sad the car looked with a foot of snow it. No leaks or problems.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Outside

I had mine outside for a year in Germany. No problems even through the snow. Be sure to check your antifreeze.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
My car doesn't like to be parked outside, especially overnight. When I went down to Hearst Castle with the SoCal Lotus crew, my lights stopped working for a bit after I parked it outside overnight in the ocean side fog, and then fixed itself after a few hours.

·
Registered
807 Posts
yeah but in each of those threads, "insert any other make and model of sportscar here" can apply. i've seen boxsters, S2000's, miatas, SLK's that look like they've never been washed, let alone parked indoors.

at the end of the day, the exige is "a real car" and can perform like one. and don't forget, it's made by people who live in a country where it rains constantly. i even run mine through automatic car washes and don't have leaking issues. nothing beats parking ANY car indoors when you can, but i don't think having to park outside should be a deal breaker for anyone considering the purchase of a Lotus car.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Ahhh... it hasnt rained for a day here now, its a record. but they have forcase snow this weekend ¬_¬ joy.
you guys dont get real snow....an inch of snow or a little bit of flurries is NOT SNOW :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts