The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the 06 LED taillights is the clear center section that holds the bulb removable? My battery flew out and smashed the center section on the 2nd taillight (1st being driver side outside, 4th being passenger side outside).

The LED brake lights still work fine but the whole center section is smashed and the bulb harness is hanging free. Can you buy just the middle? If so any idea how much and if not how much for the whole taillight?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,964 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to those diagrams it seems like the taillight is 2 pieces because there's a 13C (inner) and 14C (outer). I'm not sure if that means the inner section of the actual taillight meaning the part that holds the bulb and the outer meaning the LED section or if they mean inner meaning towards the middle of the car etc.

I hope each of the 4 individual taillights has 2 pieces to it and isn't just 1 big single piece. Basically when you look at it from the outside the clear center section of the broken one is hollow. I'll take some pics from the inside and outside in a sec.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
They sell as one piece.. Inner and outer just referes to their location

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They sell as one piece.. Inner and outer just referes to their location
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. I'm guessing the part I need would be 13C then according to the Lotus Garage diagram? It's the taillight closer to the middle of the car on the drivers side, 06 LED.

I don't understand the difference between:

13b Lamp, inner, rear fog, reverse, LED

and

13c Lamp, inner, stop/tail, reverse, stop, LED

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. I'm guessing the part I need would be 13C then according to the Lotus Garage diagram? It's the taillight closer to the middle of the car on the drivers side, 06 LED.

I don't understand the difference between:

13b Lamp, inner, rear fog, reverse, LED

and

13c Lamp, inner, stop/tail, reverse, stop, LED
We don't have a rear fog lamp.
;)

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Most euro and japanese cars come with a rear fog light. For example, my E320 had a rear fog light in the tail lights.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Most civics and integras in japan have a rear fog light. but not in the US

·
Registered
9,297 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah ok, I've nver seen this before but I don't get out of the country much. Looks like what I need is 13C then. I assume the inner for either side is the same.

·
Registered
807 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
holy moly. how the heck does that happen?
The stock bracket design is poor at best. The battery is sandwiched between 2 plates and the plate has a channel that holds the battery via a channel on the bottom of battery. It only prevents movement side to side but not for front to back. Rapid braking/accelerating can work the battery loose and it slides out the back wreaking havoc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts