2 - A121M0035F $ 40.00 Each Ballast module
2 - B121M0040F $ 13.00 Each Turn Signal Harness W/ Resistor
2 - A121M0041F $ 14.00 Each Brake Light Harness W/ Resistor
1 - A120M0040F $ 13.00 Resistor 3rd Brake Lamp W/ resistor
1 - A121M6016F $ 22.00 Flasher Unit

http://www.lotuscars.us/led-tail-light-conversion
Here is some other information.
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f322/led-tail-light-conversion-problem-84318/

I don't really know if anyone has done a written guide on it.
but I didn't want to spend that much money on the 06 LEDS and having one led burn out in the future and cost 180 dollars to change it so i did my own custom LED lights and wiring
inside my 05 lights. :)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The hardest part is taking the housing apart. Lotus did NOT want you to take them apart lol. You can't bake them apart like other housings with glue. So you have to razor blade it all and then pry it open. Even without the sealant they are really stuck on there. You gotta be careful not to crack it, they crack easy and the aluminum reflector foil thing in it likes to stick onto the plastic and it tears easy.

it will take probably around 8 hours or so to do it all, if it goes smoothly.

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
The Lotus led taillights are garbage. I'd ONLY run them with an additional resistor inline on each unit to reduce the over driving (burned led's) that plagues those lights.
I went with led rings in my '05 lenses too but with additional amber rings for turn signals.

Parking lights:

Parking and brake:

Turn signal:

Parking and turn signal:

Parking, brake and turn signal:

·
Registered
Too many, don’t care.
1,457 Posts
^ That's cool. You should do a write-up on that!

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
It's pretty self explanatory, anyone with mild skill and patience would have no trouble adding LED rings to their taillights. Just be careful cutting out the silicone adhesive that bonds the lense in place or you'll end up with a cool nick name like Franky Four Fingers.

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The red ones are 110 mm led halo rings from ebay.

Interesting on the yellow led turn signal. I didn't go that route as I wasn't sure if it was well visible in the day time. I wired so that the oem bulbs (both parking and stop light) turn on.

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
For the $700 or so it costs it's entirely pointless given the 3-5 year life span.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok I see we have several lotus guys on here I'm a new lotus owner I bought mine with to broken rear tail lights. Left side both in and outer are scrap weight. Is there any way to wire one of the right side ones so tht I will only have two rear lights like the evora?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sad thing is my Lotus didn't come with the LED Tail lights :( It was suppose to.. So I guess I'm going to do this mod until the back order is ready for the OEM Tail Lamps.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Ok I see we have several lotus guys on here I'm a new lotus owner I bought mine with to broken rear tail lights. Left side both in and outer are scrap weight. Is there any way to wire one of the right side ones so tht I will only have two rear lights like the evora?

What year is your car? There is a fix for it that cost a few bucks if you have the correct tools.

·
...call me a space cowboy
252 Posts
The hardest part is taking the housing apart. Lotus did NOT want you to take them apart lol. You can't bake them apart like other housings with glue. So you have to razor blade it all and then pry it open. Even without the sealant they are really stuck on there. You gotta be careful not to crack it, they crack easy and the aluminum reflector foil thing in it likes to stick onto the plastic and it tears easy.

it will take probably around 8 hours or so to do it all, if it goes smoothly.
Apologies if this is obvious...Did you use a resistor or anything for the LED and did you splice into the brake light wires for power?

·
Stealthy Blackmobile
374 Posts
Yoooo, excuse my ignorance! I drive an Euro Spec Exige in HK, one of my inner lamps is falling apart and needs to be replaced, and I was wondering what I need to do to get all 4 circles to light up. My inner lamps only have 1/2 circle LEDs. Yellow99s, what you did was spectacular! How'd I do it!?!?!? Me want !! :(

·
Registered
280 Posts
Has anyone attempted to keep the original 05 incandescent bulb lighting arrangement but substitute LEDs? I kind of like how the opposite half-circles light up. I know halo lights are a dime a dozen and easy to wire using original wiring, but I'm pretty sure LED's come on flexible strips you could install. I've never actually pulled a tail light out of the socket but I'm guessing you could split the light open and instal white LED's on a strip right in the location the bulb normally goes, no?

Flexible LED Strips, Wide Range & High Quality LED Strip Lights

This is just the first hit a quick search turned up. It's the idea anyway.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts