The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
want some opinions fellas, my brother has a g37 and has a friend that does custom lighting for various cars, he's done audi's, nissan z, infiniti's etc etc. mostly does them for g37's. i might put an led around the projector do you guys know if it would be a problem, or any risks for the elise, have a look at the two links. tell me what you think. his friend said the demon eye would look nice on the elise, if you scroll on the first link you can see it
if you need a log in Username is g372nevy, password is outbound

HEADLIGHTS (Paint, Lighting) - G35 NYC

second link is the pricing and different color schemes you can
Headlight Mods: 08+ G37 Coupes | Prices | Pictures | Details - G35 NYC

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I was planning on getting halos in my STi as replacements for the DRL's...I'd want the same in the Lotus but was looking for like, higher density of LED's or the tube kind. There is a market for this if it moves away from bling and more functional as DRL's. My 2006 doesn't have dedicated DRLs its just the main headlights on all the time

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Why?! :wallbang: Do I smell ricer?:thwack:
Seriously, certainly your decision, but our cars are special for being so simplistic and all about driving, no bling. If you do get them they only way for you to enjoy is to stand in front of the car and not be driving. On the other hand, if you tell me these are HID equivalent, then, that would be totally different.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
well its your opinion that it is ricey. i don't so, its just an led light around the projector, that is like saying the led's on the audi s5 and r8 are ricey
it's not ricey, just offer a DRL-type mod...again the 05 and 06 cars simply turn on the main headlights as the DRLs and it causes problems with the HID ballasts having to turn on and off while starting the car. There is/was someone selling 07 headlights on here with custom dual halos in each assembly and it looks awesome, my comment was if you can increase the density of the LEDs so that it creates more of a ring like a normal halo would then I think many of us would be interested.

·
Registered
821 Posts
By definition imitating another cars' unique OEM characteristic is Rice.

examples

"lambo doors on a non lambo"

Halos on NON BMW (etc, as I believe there are a few other OEM Halo type things out now)

GTR emblems on anything other than a Nissan GTR

LED accents that imitate Audi's.

If you can pull it off and make it look factory, and not like a cheesy knock off, then the LED's can be okay, but its hard...esp on a car like an elise/exige.

There are more examples but I'm not bored enough to sit here and think of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts