The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had posted this on the NobleForums some time ago, and thought you guys might find it interesting that Lee Noble's first creations included replicas of early Lotus cars. He had a high regard for Collin Chapman and his engineering/design ideology. I see much of the Lotus light weight and simplistic mentality in the Nobles, which have now progressed into Rossions. I just feel it's a shame that Lee doesn't stick around long enough to really take these cars to the next level and possibly forming a true racing team, but that's why we now have companies such as Ultima, Ascari and Rossion. There seems to be a relation between all these great design and engineering minds of the past and poor finance practices (not necessarily poor business practice, as there's a difference). Hence, the artists' (in this case, engineer) mind....

Noble Auriga Lotus 23b Replica

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
lee noble is still designing nobles, is he not?
i believe his latest iteration costs around 200k or something but im not sure at all.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No... although the last iteration of Noble Cars, Ltd is off of his design, Lee Noble is no longer with Noble (man that just sounds awkward! :confused: ).

Not sure what his current whereabouts are, but I believe he's been contracted by another firm for design and engineering services.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts