The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Talk to Frank Foley. Supposedly they want to finally cut these loose at Secor Lotus.

·
Registered
288 Posts
New 2014MY?!? Dang...

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Stupid phones that can't auto resize in the year 2019! The sticker is for the FULLY loaded 2108 Burgundy unit. Steve Splona is the sales guy that couldn't sell a car if he had to. He has had his head in the clouds with prices for years now by 10-15K. But the General secor Manager seems to finally realize Steve's technique does not work! There are a few more in the back btw.

Attachments

Reactions: roarf and Lckitty

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a pic of a 2020 GT. Great color, only problem IMHO is the red striped seats with a red center console. It, along with the red calipers, clashes badly!

That 2018 is gorgeous!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They still have a grey 2011 NA in back that Steve was so stupid about that he was asking 60K for it last year. The white and green ones were in the 72-75 zone....meaning worth maybe 60K at this point in time. The yellow one is a 2013 NA IPS!!! This is your definition of a failure to negotiate and I have spoken directly to Lotus about this a few years back. They don't seem to care?????

Shame because the service tech Randy, is a great guy and VERY thorough! We have a CANBUS error causing my brake light telltale to stay lit. It may also be related to the rogue check engine lights I get on hot days with AC on. I seem to remember getting the wrench with AC charge issues.....hmmmmm

·
Illegal Alien
5,153 Posts
Here is a pic of a 2020 GT. Great color, only problem IMHO is the red striped seats with a red center console. It, along with the red calipers, clashes badly!

That 2018 is gorgeous!!!
Too bad it was spec'd out that way, the seats could have been stripes black on black and the console trim can be spec'd any available body color or gloss or matte black, calipers would have looked better in the optional black.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts

That 2018 is gorgeous!!!
Indeed those red bits will clash with orange. I spec’d mine with those red bits but they look great with VI (at least to my eye).

I also ordered it with the NCO red mirror caps only to have it show up with black mirror caps :facepalm

Fortunately the dealer got the red brake caliper paint code from Lotus and painted them.

They’re also in the process of applying the factory standard black lower rocker panel protector that it left the factory without.

Again......

:facepalm

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The evolution of the Evora is quite interesting when viewed side by side. Have to admit that the slightly greater dip of the front nose looks better than our S1 blunt end, but that egg grate grill v our mesh?? A t least the mesh catches most of the track rubber. What I like the most is the rear deck lid louvers! Proper ventilation as it should have been from the beginning. May need to revisit removing the glass. Refresh my memory, who did that after market rear deck lid??? However, as pretty as that Bordeaux color is, it is not worth an additional $8000 dollars. Maybe $500-1000, but no more.
No sticker available on the GT which was still all wrapped inside. Well, I may have 2 to choose from in a year unless the GM has mandated a policy change.

·
Registered
249 Posts
When I was looking for mine in 2015-2016 I remember seeing those Secor listings and wondering if they were real. Crazy prices and inventory that never moves

·
Illegal Alien
5,153 Posts
Indeed those red bits will clash with orange. I spec’d mine with those red bits but they look great with VI (at least to my eye).

I also ordered it with the NCO red mirror caps only to have it show up with black mirror caps :facepalm

Fortunately the dealer got the red brake caliper paint code from Lotus and painted them.

They’re also in the process of applying the factory standard black lower rocker panel protector that it left the factory without.

Again......

:facepalm
Lotus has gone back to the kit car business model, let the dealer finish building the car. FYI, I loved my prior Evora's red mirrors, I could always find my car in other peoples track videos.

·
Registered
2009 Exige 260 Sport
596 Posts
The sticker is for the FULLY loaded 2108 Burgundy unit. Steve Splona is the sales guy that couldn't sell a car if he had to. He has had his head in the clouds with prices for years now by 10-15K. But the General secor Manager seems to finally realize Steve's technique does not work! There are a few more in the back btw.
I spoke to a dealer with a new 2018 Evora 400 similarly optioned like this Burgandy one, they're still asking $97K for it - I told them, you can buy almost 2 C8s for that.

That's not factoring in when the calendar turns 2020 or what the economy will look like after the election.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Lotus has gone back to the kit car business model, let the dealer finish building the car. FYI, I loved my prior Evora's red mirrors, I could always find my car in other peoples track videos.
Well that’s complete horse$hit for a car that’s 115K before tax and tags. Really? Too much to ask for to build it according to the order?

No wonder people defect to Porsche. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I love the way you put the word defect in with the word Porsche.........

The Porsche dealer would make you think you were getting a deal at $2000 off whilst this car will sell in the mid nineties, at best, eventually. Frank called me back and we had a long chat Saturday PM. I see a MAJOR mindset change ready to occur. So if you want a deal on an S1 (NEW), get in the game ASAP. He wants them gone by fall!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts